IGNORED

Amber = 20 years old today

jhonny

Guest jasondonervan

It's not a timeless work in the sense that the synths used date it to a certain extent, but the atmospheres and moods it provides are still as strong as ever. Definitely a desert (arctic?) island disc for me.

I vaguely remember Rob responding to an AAA question about that interview and I think he said something to the effect that the 'cheesy' wasn't meant to be as negative as it apparently came across in the article.

Guest Roksen Creek

Yeah, I remember Rob clarifying in the AAA. Can't remember exactly what now...

As for Amber, can't believe it's 20 years old. That's crazy. Piezo still one of my favs.

"yeah that was me, i said it in a way that was easily misinterpreted. a classic case of assuming someone knows what your on about and them not at all.

it was in relation to incunabula i guess. lol no shame at all, i still rate these releases, i mean they're the first stuff to fully come out.

it meant a lot to us to actually have an album on a brilliant label. i think what i meant was (in the context of the original interview, as the journo was commenting on the striking differences between old and ((then)) newer work) i think i was trying to say how they were perhaps more simple, but not in a shit way. "

I cant believe its been 20 years! I bought this the day it came out and remember being blown away. The space on this album is still awesome, it has a sad, dystopian feel to it when i listen to it now.

One of my all time faves. I still feel 'slip' is really underrated. Probably preaching to the choir but listen to that one on headphones loudly.. Its so subtle.. but so much momentum. Still amazing.

I love this album, one of the first things i heard when I got into the idmz.

same here

p.s. today is also my gf's birthday. it's interesting that the first album i bought and (probably) the love of my life are born on the same date.

Archived