IGNORED

Richard D James SoundCloud - A Gift To The Fans

Guest crowndicey

I think it's a good thing the releases are staggered by some months. So his return will be more drawn out, and we'll feel it was an 'era' vs feeling like he released everything in just a few months and went into hiding again.

Today's SC playlist:

9    Chink 101    5.38
151    cottage3 e    5.23
152    cottage4 af    4.08
97    cutting    3.56
74    Fork Rave    4.07
220    glock+onion [desperate housewives mix]    3.27
169    just fall asleep    9.44
209    leaving home-bradley    7.58
112    luke vibert spiral staircase [future music competition] [afx remix]    5.05
92    Make A Baby    2.27
143    (mature raver )    2.28
203    MTG edit eq-powerpill    3.37
230    nightmail    5.03
2    Original Chaos Riff    5.13
273    pianopkupt1 [norm]    1.14
31    Plinky Plonk[orig]    6.00
229    pretend analog extmix 2b    5.31
167    RANDOM FX    4.22
150    T08+4     6.46
274    T17 Phase Out    4.32
185    winding road    3.16

I think it's a good thing the releases are staggered by some months. So his return will be more drawn out, and we'll feel it was an 'era' vs feeling like he released everything in just a few months and went into hiding again.

I think we'll get something big in a year or so. I get the feeling he's going to take his time with whatever the new ambitious album will be. Meanwhile putting out other things like older tracks and side projects. I'm going to say 1-2 more side things, then a new album?

I think we'll get something big in a year or so. I get the feeling he's going to take his time with whatever the new ambitious album will be. Meanwhile putting out other things like older tracks and side projects. I'm going to say 1-2 more side things, then a new album?

I imaging the final thing we'll get before he goes into hiding will be the next Aphex Twin LP. However, I think that he won't stay away for 7 years again.

His last release was syro imO. So it's taking fucking ages for the next release and it might not even be a release, so i'll keep waiting. nwae, wotevfr.

His last release was syro imO. So it's taking fucking ages for the next release and it might not even be a release, so i'll keep waiting. nwae, wotevfr.

it just depends on if you like the music or not I suppose.

His last great release was Syro, but there's been lots of good in the other releases. Cheetah being my second favorite.

• 3 weeks later...

From one of his recent sc messages:

I’ve also got other bods to include it on numerous other devices, ill make a complete list at some point but others include Preen fm Tal sampler...etc etc..Tubutec 1oh1 and many more, I’ve been busy! Regarding the monologue Tats came pretty close to what i asked for, main thing missing would be tuning table export to scala.

I always hook up several input devices simultaneously, including special shaped microtonal keyboards, wind input devices, pads, mini keys, big weighted keys, loads of things

Can somebody explain please what bods, tats and especially wind input devices is? Thnx.

Thanks Brian!

About the last one, it's something that he used in deeay selek track "midi pipe1c sds3time cube/klonedrm"?

I assumed he used a pipe organ with MIDI on that track?

• 2 weeks later...