IGNORED

Richard D James SoundCloud - A Gift To The Fans

Guest crowndicey

d15-10 dulcimer dub beat reminds me of what track from ICBYD? Someone answer that

Cow Cud Is A Twin

That's it, thanks. Was bugging me, but not enough to draw me away from the other new stuff to listen to

heard the similarity this morning too. great tracks =)

for me dulcimer dub also keeps evoking squarepusher's toast for hardy (alroy road tracks/burningn'n tree)

I did some retagging of the first batch and uploaded them again as well as the new ones. I've made two archives so if you're looking for the last 40 you can download just those separately.

Tracks 1-112: https://mega.co.nz/#!sMBh1RRR!LteXZWa0-a-p1-TwjWnxIA_3cc6gtQMCdUvGb50gguI

Tracks 113-152: https://mega.co.nz/#!pJB1lQTQ!vwx_WR4-KAFLxJovJMMEjVxB_f9MUpiGZd85f8-8B68

File names are still as downloaded from Soundcloud, I took some liberties with the tags though.

Artist and Album tags for all tracks are now 'AFx' and 'Sc' respectively. There's some extrapolation or assumption on my part that that's what would have been used for the earlier files as well if he'd planned ahead on making them downloadable, and for the sake of uniformity I've ignored the few exceptions in the last batch that had different or no tags.

Track numbers are still the order they were uploaded in, and the title tags as on Soundcloud (i.e., including the numbers, and any capitalization or other differences from the file name). Comments and artwork for each track are in the tags too. Not included are the hashtags from SC (there are very few that aren't "afx" or "early afx" or similar anyway) and any tags from the original files besides the comments (e.g., the Traktor or iTunes stuff).

I've also stopped using the Total Tracks tag as there is/was no predetermined number of tracks anyway, and this way if he decides to ever upload anything again, I don't have to go back and change the older sets. Unless something happens that gives me the urge to revisit the tags of course.

Again, if anyone downloads this, it would be nice to let me know if I messed up somewhere (missing or bad files/tags/whatever), with so many tracks it's getting easy to overlook things.

First one is stuck at 92%. Is there a 1gb limit if you're not signed in to the host site?

He's actually made a body of quality work so large and varied that you could listen to it on repeat for years and still not get bored.

Astounding.

it is pretty sick. I'm going through everything again, trying make a digestible playlist for myself just from the sound cloud stuff and it's quite difficult. i almost can't cut anything out from yesterday alone. plus if he adds more...well, fuck...

giddyup

He's actually made a body of quality work so large and varied that you could listen to it on repeat for years and still not get bored.

Astounding.

it is pretty sick. I'm going through everything again, trying make a digestible playlist for myself just from the sound cloud stuff and it's quite difficult. i almost can't cut anything out from yesterday alone. plus if he adds more...well, fuck...

giddyup

Keep trying to do that myself. The only hope is to maybe cut it to 4-5 themed albums. 'ambient album' 'acid album' 'jungle-ish album' 'AB6' and then a 'best of' playlist of maybe 30 fucking awesome tracks. :blink:

Edited by Vaaler9

Guest murphythecat8

Astounding.

giddyup

u serious? theres 8 trax maximum I want to relisten again from the last dump.

and from the 150 trax, maybe 30 trax.

His released material is of much better quality overall.

Edited by murphythecat8

sekonda is the best song out of all the trax ever written.

fixt

Sent using magic space waves

i jost dont get it :cat:
I think it's one of those that either hits you just right, or doesn't. It's just rare that a track catches me that hard so quickly. Maybe it'll do it for ya one day, who knows!

Sent using magic space waves

Astounding.

giddyup

Keep trying to do that myself. The only hope is to maybe cut it to 4-5 themed albums. 'ambient album' 'acid album' 'jungle-ish album' 'AB6' and then a 'best of' playlist of maybe 30 fucking awesome tracks. :blink:

Same here, I'm up to 4 albums now. Every day I listen to a new Aphex Twin album hahaha. I'm pretty sure that's the idea behind this. I give you the songs, you make your own best-of albums.

Astounding.

giddyup

I'm quite serious

and-don-t-call-me-shirley-o.gif

Edited by jules

I did some retagging of the first batch and uploaded them again as well as the new ones. I've made two archives so if you're looking for the last 40 you can download just those separately.

Tracks 1-112: https://mega.co.nz/#!sMBh1RRR!LteXZWa0-a-p1-TwjWnxIA_3cc6gtQMCdUvGb50gguI

Tracks 113-152: https://mega.co.nz/#!pJB1lQTQ!vwx_WR4-KAFLxJovJMMEjVxB_f9MUpiGZd85f8-8B68

File names are still as downloaded from Soundcloud, I took some liberties with the tags though.

Artist and Album tags for all tracks are now 'AFx' and 'Sc' respectively. There's some extrapolation or assumption on my part that that's what would have been used for the earlier files as well if he'd planned ahead on making them downloadable, and for the sake of uniformity I've ignored the few exceptions in the last batch that had different or no tags.

Track numbers are still the order they were uploaded in, and the title tags as on Soundcloud (i.e., including the numbers, and any capitalization or other differences from the file name). Comments and artwork for each track are in the tags too. Not included are the hashtags from SC (there are very few that aren't "afx" or "early afx" or similar anyway) and any tags from the original files besides the comments (e.g., the Traktor or iTunes stuff).

I've also stopped using the Total Tracks tag as there is/was no predetermined number of tracks anyway, and this way if he decides to ever upload anything again, I don't have to go back and change the older sets. Unless something happens that gives me the urge to revisit the tags of course.

Again, if anyone downloads this, it would be nice to let me know if I messed up somewhere (missing or bad files/tags/whatever), with so many tracks it's getting easy to overlook things.

Thank you!!!!

Yeeees, thank you, I have a hard time keeping track of all the tracks, trying to track everything down but it's so tracking hard.

No for real, I appreciate that this is being uploaded, I would never be able to sort everything out my self

Astounding.

giddyup

I'm quite serious

and-don-t-call-me-shirley-o.gif

Yeah, I've got quite a bit on my playlist as well. 45 from the 110, but also have the same issue with the last 40 tracks. Not a lot of catch and release going on with those tracks. Too many keepers.

Yeah, I've got ... same issue with the last 40 tracks. Not a lot of catch and release going on with those tracks. Too many keepers.

you clearly apeks overdosed and need to wait several days for tolerance and youll be good

also :rtfm::emotawesomepm9:

Guest kernunrex

I've been listening to all of these (current count 152) tracks for days and I still can't get over how amazing it all is.

Since I know RDJ is at least somewhat browsing this forum thread I gotta say: When I was 16 I saw him perform LIVE at Clutch Cargo's in Pontiac, Michigan in 1997 (as headliner of the now defunct Orbit Magazine birthday party) and it was one of the coolest, most life changing events I've ever witnessed. The dancing bears, the fact that the audience never saw his face, the weird old guy shaving his head on stage mid-show and later running around naked at the very end. Shit. It was all unreal. I'm a fan for life and for me the Soundcloud release of all these tracks ranks up there with that night. Cheers.

I was there too! Incredible show. I freaked when he started up "Come to Daddy," which hadn't been officially released yet but I had DL'd recently (Richard: I bought on CD for real when it came out later, honest!) I recently grabbed that Norwegian radio broadcast show from the same period because it has the same setlist and gives me those fond memories.

I also remember a guy literally hanging on one of the giant speakers, absorbing the music and getting as close as he could to it. And it was LOUD! Always wondered if he lost any hearing that night :music:

Thanks! :flower: