IGNORED

Richard D James SoundCloud - A Gift To The Fans

Guest crowndicey

These three slo tracks are pure bliss! (Thank god for Richie re-upping red calx)

There are so many potential great albums within this dump...I'm stupified. Why didn't he release more back then? (This is a retorical question, btw).

Anyhows, because I still want the entire set in a box...how about a Kickstarter to rent some kind of ultra mastering wizard session to relief Richie of mastering the tracks (for a Bandcamp release) ?

These three slo tracks are pure bliss! (Thank god for Richie re-upping red calx)

There are so many potential great albums within this dump...I'm stupified. Why didn't he release more back then? (This is a retorical question, btw).

Anyhows, because I still want the entire set in a box...how about a Kickstarter to rent some kind of ultra mastering wizard session to relief Richie of mastering the tracks (for a Bandcamp release) ?

+1 for a kickstarter

Longtime lurker, been checking this thread constantly! What a couple of months it's been, first Syro, then an incredible EP which to me is as big a change in style as Selected Ambient Works II was when it came out and then to top it all off we have 100+ unreleased tracks spanning an entire career to get through! Have I just died and gone to heaven?

I need another track for my top three but fuck I can't decide..

edit: I think I'll just go for short mental afx for the hell of it

edit2: oh shit no, make a baby... 5 Sshit I don't know

Edited by MIXL2

Guest murphythecat8

My theory, aphex is closed to be over with the soundcloud.

like you can see on the new EP, he said 1/483.

I believe I have almost everything from James music,missing very little.

my folder has now 460 item with the recent 111 new songs.

I think the 1/483 was his whole discography?

I've got 681 in my non-live AFX folder, but there's some dupes in there (Classics vs Classics Remastered, etc).

Plus, I seriously doubt RDJ keeps track of his songs that closely...

this is impossible that im missing 200 songs from James. All his released stuff equals to around 480. I doubt im missing much more then 20-30 trax tops.

my afx folder (including soundcloud tracks) has 830 tracks though and that doesn't include 26 mixes and a bunch of other stuff :shrug:

830 trax?

Im very interested about what you have in that file. Everything he officially released, either compilation, LP, EP and all his official alias, excluding steinvord, gives me around 440. I have no duplicate though and remastered song shouldnt really count. anyways

but maybe im missing a lot of stuff? I have all the joyrex stuff, ect.

lets exclude syrobunkers trax, live, ect...

but now I realize that Im missing some https://rareafx.wordpress.com/unreleased-2/

I still doubt he released over 500 trax though excluding his live stuff.

I will use this site to complete my collection https://rareafx.wordpress.com/tracks/

Edited by murphythecat8

how the fuck did this happen lol

_80645671_car624_ian_smithson.jpg

the car didnt even break the fence

Richard swerved too fast after getting a call from Aisatsana that his son's been uploading a load of the old mp3s from his hard drive

Guest seventm

would anyone here want to buy afx popcorn off me on vinyl? is that something anyone would want? im not much of a collector tbh.

Edited by seventm

how the fuck did this happen lol

_80645671_car624_ian_smithson.jpg

the car didnt even break the fence

Richard swerved too fast after getting a call from Aisatsana that his son's been uploading a load of the old mp3s from his hard drive

hahah

Guest progben

I can't even do favourites yet. All I can say is that only around 5 weren't doing it for me, and around a third were exceptional. That's quite an insane ratio for 'throwaway' material!

question: does the thread title suggest that joyrex has contacted rich about this? is that the case? has he confirmed it's him making a gift to us?

edit: because in that case this is the best gift I have/ will ever ever gotten/get ever

edit2: the above phrase shows I haven't slept much lately

Edited by MIXL2