IGNORED

Dark & dubby ambient things

zkom

very soothing soundscape, the richard devinish sounds are really pretty and the atmosphere has a great ambience, love the mix of sidechained reversed subbass sounds with the comp flutter,r eally has a good glitchy edge to it, that echoing sound is really shapeshifter style, but also like burial with that rain sound, really good!

Hehe, thanks! I've been playing around with sidechaining in other tracks too to make the sounds sculpt each other.

Thanks, man. I was planning for the track to be moody but I realized it was actually pretty dark after I listened it later. Some demons in my head. :catsob:

• 4 weeks later...

REALLY liked the first track you posted...

Liked the second one too... that bass. I somehow think you could make that song hit harder even still.

And the last track rivals the first in how much I like it. Reminds me of Vladislav Delay kind of. I think you could make it crustier, hazier, more fuzzy. The bass maybe was too present?

Anyways keep it up, good good stuff

Hey, great sounds.

What are you using for field recording?

Thanks, man! I use Zoom H2.

REALLY liked the first track you posted...

Liked the second one too... that bass. I somehow think you could make that song hit harder even still.

And the last track rivals the first in how much I like it. Reminds me of Vladislav Delay kind of. I think you could make it crustier, hazier, more fuzzy. The bass maybe was too present?

Anyways keep it up, good good stuff

Thanks!

Yes, I still need to practice my mixing. I struggle to find a good balance, especially between how it sounds on the headphones and speakers.

I added some crust by looping one of the instruments through an old crappy tape recorder in the first track. :) I may do that more in future. Putting the master through the same process was a bit over the top though. :biggrin:

• 2 weeks later...

re: vuo. I'm kind of a sucker for rain sounds, but am always disappointed when it isn't integrated well. I like the way the rain was used as a soundscape and then becomes percussive at the end. Now I want it to go full circle and go into a hard drum section and the rain is used as a snare/crash.

re: vuo. I'm kind of a sucker for rain sounds, but am always disappointed when it isn't integrated well. I like the way the rain was used as a soundscape and then becomes percussive at the end. Now I want it to go full circle and go into a hard drum section and the rain is used as a snare/crash.

Now there's an idea. :) Thanks.

Archived