IGNORED

First Comet Landing In Human History

o00o

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did they manage to get a copy of syro onboard to henceforth claim that comet for the fucking daddy & blast tunes through space on it's kickass sound system?

Guest jasondonervan

Gotta love the fact that it's easier to hear the sound of a comet hurtling through space than the Syro limited edition track

Guest skytree

Did they manage to get a copy of syro onboard to henceforth claim that comet for the fucking daddy & blast tunes through space on it's kickass sound system?

My gf actually just said this exactly same thing.

i love the awkward interviews. introvert scientists who just wants to get the media parts over with and get back to work.

Most IDM indeed.

I am your girlfriend. Duh duh DAHHHHHHH

Guest skytree

I am your girlfriend. Duh duh DAHHHHHHH

On a more related note, did you guys know the harpoons are studded with sensors? Engineering logic win - should hopefully get some great readings whether or not the landing is 100% successful.

Guest skytree

Harpoons successfully fired and recoiled for full attachment. Landing gear retracted. History made. (:

Edit: Seems secondary data has showed, despite the first announcement, that the harpoons did not fire. It has apparently landed, and perhaps, perhaps, bounced - more updates hopefully incoming soon.

Squarepusher is the fucking daddy, not Aphex. I've never heard anyone refer to Aphex as the fucking daddy...

Guest skytree

Absolutely breathtaking...

NAVCAM_top_10_at_10_km_10_node_full_imag

Is the surface really that pointy and jagged? It's like a Tim Burton comet, amazing.

Seeing as that's an actual photo of it, I'd say yep, it really is that pointy and jagged. (:

Squarepusher is the fucking daddy, not Aphex. I've never heard anyone refer to Aphex as the fucking daddy...

I do.

Guest skytree

Good skills detective, I was incredulous because it is so fantastic. Would love to roam around the surface.

Totally understand. Agreed.

Guest jasondonervan

Watching BBC livestream, so many scientist types losing their shit right now! :catnope:

Bless 'em, gotta respect their mad skills for making it happen.

Guest skytree

Watching BBC livestream, so many scientist types losing their shit right now! :catnope:

Bless 'em, gotta respect their mad skills for making it happen.

Indeed. Had a rather misanthropic hermetic friend from Northern Cali stop by last night, and he was complaining about how this is a total misallocation of resources. I told him the budget was one tiny fraction of what's spent on military bullshit, and that we have the capacity to both care for the planet and explore beyond its bounds, not to mention that missions like this help us appreciate how absolutely marvelous and majestic the entire cosmos is and our ability to accomplish miracles, including here on our beautiful pale blue dot. We need some incredible teleological attractors like this to help us save the planet we're already on, IMO.

Money damn well spent.

Science. Trust bruv. Trust.

Archived