IGNORED

youtubes on watmm - html5 and flash

eugene

sup dongmasters,

is there any way to force youtubes posted on watmm to play through flashplayer instead of html5 player?

firefox has some issues with html5 player and youtube recently (probably the reason they're lagging behind with proper 60fps playback).

testing something..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Ke-_nKHpDs

[youtubehd]7Ke-_nKHpDs[/youtubehd]

oh ok i get it now. when you simply put a youtube link into a post it will resolve into html5. but when you use old school tags it gets you the flash player.

anyway i wonder if it's possible to force the usage of flash only on the user's side.

i fucking love firefox. the "YouTube Flash Player" plugin simply turns all youtube players into flash. mission accomplished.

W-why... that's like having a composite video input adapter on the end of an HDMI cable...

Flash support will go away very soon - why anyone would use Flash anymore...

amazon

...uses Silverlight, even shittier than Flash.

i fucking love firefox. the "YouTube Flash Player" plugin simply turns all youtube players into flash. mission accomplished.

W-why... that's like having a composite video input adapter on the end of an HDMI cable...

as i said, because html5 doesn't work well on my config, simply can't play embedded youtubes when they're html5, and it offers no benefits anyway besides 60fps vids.

amazon

...uses Silverlight, even shittier than Flash.

m$ ftw

yeah but still, can i somehow resolve those embedded youtube players into flash on my end?

Maybe with a userscript, do you have any idea what the html code for both flash and html5 embeds looks like?

as i said, because html5 doesn't work well on my config, simply can't play embedded youtubes when they're html5, and it offers no benefits anyway besides 60fps vids.

HTML 5 is far less cpu intensive, does not require an (in)secure third-party plug in, and is far more configurable.

doesn't matter to me, it doesn't work well and i'm not gonna switch browsers, the current iteration of firefox is simply superior in every way.

And Firefox 33 (the current version) plays HTML 5 video just fine...

yeah i tested it on other pcs and it does work fine, it's some kind incompatibility with what i have that i can't figure out.

If you have any software for editing/converting video or some stand-alone video player, it might have installed a codec that interferes with the one the browser uses...

ok i messed around with it a bit (deleted/installed and reinstalled players and codec) and nothing helps,so i officially can't be arsed anymore and i'm back to forcing flash playback as there's absolutely no difference in performance in my experience. when flash officially ceases to exist (probably in like 20 years given how proliferated it is) then i'll worry about it.

also on the other hand IE and chrome do work fine with html5 with what i have, and i presume they use the same codecs and stuff, so it is a very much firefox issue.

• 3 weeks later...

I use "YouTube html5 Player"-add on and still gets flash on everything youtube-related in firefox...

well it's the opposite of a problem that i used to have where i needed to force flash, but anyway, did you switch to html5 here? https://www.youtube.com/html5

i guess websites can still force whatever player they want, see my first post for example: one vid is html5 and another is flash because of different embedding methods.

Archived