IGNORED

Drukqs is truly a modern masterpiece.

Guest Snazzell

• 2 weeks later...
Guest cristianha

heard it first time when I was 15

i thought it was the most schizophrenic music I had ever listened to. who could have such complex music in his mind and write it?

at the same time it was just so full of emotion . it was just totally insane

12 years later I still love it.

a few months ago I bought a vinyl copy . it sounds beautiful and it was worth every penny.

it's the only vinyl I have paid so much money besides Loveless by My Bloody Valentine.

Guest tonfarben

This album is one of my alltime favourites. And there are not many. After all the time since it came out, I still listen to it regularly. But more in pieces, like 3 or four tracks at a time and then a couple of days later the next few tracks. Especially since I have bought the vinyl version. Unfortunately on side B there is some other techno music instead of

Omgyiya Switch7 and Gwerly Mernans, so since a year I didn´t listen to those tracks. Yes, this is the mispressing. :-( Somebody wanna buy it from me? :-D

Since I own the vinyl I asked myself the question: why is the beginning of the album so generously pressed on 45rpm and to the end everything is stuffed into the 33rpm?

Intentional?

I would love to have a reissue where all the tracks are pressed on a 45rpm 200gr. vinyl each. OK, maybe this would consist then of six records and not four, but hey, deluxe edition for the audiophiles! :-D Or does this exist already?

I especially like the fact that you can listen to vordhosbn in 45 rpm (normal) or 33 rpm (slower but not too slow and good organic quality of slowing) and switch whenever you want. I would love to do that with other faster tracks that atm unfortunately are pressed at 33rpm already.

Don´t know if I said it before but that piano transcripts of ziggomatic 17 is the tits. Thanks for sharing it! Well done, man, I have deepest respect for these kind of efforts.

just speculating, but I think that maybe one of the next aphex releases out may be drukqs outtakes or a drukqs sequel. CCAI pt. 2 was in a sense drukqs outtakes (well not exactly). But he mentions on the soundcloud about something he's planning to release and says "I've got some other stuff to chuck out first". Seems like one of the reasons there haven't been much (if any) drukqs outtakes on the dump are that he's planning on a release to pair with CCAI pt. 2. That's probably total fucking wishful thinking but whatever.

Gonna be honest... I still need to get fully into drukqs.

Live set versions of tracks are amazing - playing the whole album through, less so.

I also think Go Plastic is much more complex and satisfying. So sue me :)

Live set versions of tracks are amazing - playing the whole album through, less so.

I've already been in contact with my lawyers

just found out the vinyl versions are pressed from cd masters, i don't want a repress anymore

well you get the 33/45 knob, that would be the main attraction for me

go plastic amazing, but it's child's play in comparison

• 4 weeks later...

No it's not child's play, he's quite right, but both albums are both gents best work, both artists outdoing each other's best efforts.

• 8 months later...

Anyone else notice an absolutely sublime bit in Mt Saint Michels at a section change around 3 minutes? Obviously the main descending bassline has been established but around 3:15 the third note goes back up again and then when the drums kick in, it gets really intricately hidden into the background while being quickly transformed into these really subtle and quiet pads that sit perfectly behind the main melody, just mind blowing stuff. Try to catch that bassline's journey after the drums come in, really adds a lot onto the track. Just adds more onto the reasons that this album is a masterpiece, moments like this where Rich has carefully and consciously crafted such quiet, intricate details, take years to spot and only seconds to enjoy, but really puts his music above everyone elses. :music:

squarepusher... I cant understand the love

Edited by Ayya Khema

Still waiting on someone to midi the acid line in mt saint michel. Anyone?

which one exactly? did the first couple of bars for msm the other day, but didnt't continue because i think that except for the middle part it just wouldn't sound good on piano.

but if you have some specific request and I don't have to make it playable on piano i could do it for you. :)

Still waiting on someone to midi the acid line in mt saint michel. Anyone?

which one exactly? did the first couple of bars for msm the other day, but didnt't continue because i think that except for the middle part it just wouldn't sound good on piano.

but if you have some specific request and I don't have to make it playable on piano i could do it for you. :)

That would be cool if you could, It's the one that starts at 0.10 seconds in, Goes dun dun dun da dun dun dun da do do doo