very noice, how did you do the animation?

a little bit of this a little bit of that and a whole lot of screen recording the renoise phase meter.

I have no idea how you do it Phy. I seriously don't. This is absolutely incredible - please spread your talent throughout the land.

Oh, and the animation is great. ;D

Thanks boo :catrecline:

Cunt phlaps?

I love this! Very nice beats, noisy, evil sounds.

Was waiting for some epic synthpad to blend in after a few minutes, but I guess that's what Autechre does to you.

thanks a lot my friend. future tracks will feature some actual synth worth instead of strictly percussion. really just ended up going for the driest sound possible with this one

ps cunt phlaps sounds familiar... is that a song i should know? :O

• 1 month later...

i had no real intentions on turning this into a full blown song cuz i was experimenting with sampling and more humanized feeling drum patterns and the DAW workspace ended up in such a mess too, but i think its a fun little jingle and i hope you like it!

Too short, but :snares: Venetian good :snares: .

those emoticons look just like him too haha ty ty

:music: Sick as always, some interesting nostalgic vibes in there. The name is very fitting too, but yes, too short.

i was iffy about posting it in here cuz of the length but I'm legit proud of that track :cool:

spent an unreasonable amount of time chopping everything up, but i like that it has nostalgic vibes for you. thats really awesome

man after something like 15 songs of yours I heard I am definitely convinced you should be famous. I suggest you find a semi-known female singer and produce her album :emotawesomepm9: But seriously, good track!

This is nostalgic for me. Reminds me of the stuff my dad used to listen to in the 90s, but more Braindancy. Enjoyable.

I will say I wish there was a bit more bass. Though I've just come down from listening to bass heavy music for the past hour SO I'd probably say something different otherwise.

The waveform suggest there's more bass, but even my subwoolfer isn't picking up much. I'm confused. Fuck, maybe it blew.

man after something like 15 songs of yours I heard I am definitely convinced you should be famous. I suggest you find a semi-known female singer and produce her album :emotawesomepm9: But seriously, good track!

d'aww! thanks brotha

and bris - the frequencies are pretty low end but there isn't much of a bass section other than the toms from the 808 kit blended in the background. I'm glad its nostalgic to you brotha cuz it is for me too. reminds me of playstation 1 era stuff!

Well for me it reminds me of fish dance music from the 90s, which is particularly nostalgic because my dad used to play it in the car when we drove places... well minus the moaning, but the vibe is there nonetheless. I found one of his mixtapes from way back when, and he actually did have tracks with moaning on them but I guess he skipped over them when I was in the car :3. OH YES. He also had some aphex twin on it from Saw 1... which is weird since he told me, when I showed him Aphex a while back, that it sounded like a dance song on fast forward.

Okay I'm done hijacking your thread. Lol.

• 2 weeks later...

Phy, you have got to be one of the most talented musicians on this forum. Your music is so fucking good, your sound design is top notch - a lot of the stuff you do gets stuck in my head (especially With Holsters - that track needs to go gold platinum x1000000), and the detail you apply to everything is just... Incredible. It's outstanding. You're gonna go big, I just know it. Phyla Zen x Warp Records, Phyla subforum, etc.

Seriously, keep it up - you're a bootyful mayne wit' bootyful muziks <3

you are my favorite person ever dude

your support means so much <3

https://soundcloud.com/phylazen/226ghz160thth

this one is def different than what i normally do, but i would like to hear what ch'all think ;D

(autopilot i still have to send you stems I'm sry)

Cool track, quick question though: Why did you interfere?

ill tell yah why...

bah dah bah bah bahhhhhh im loving SNATCH!

10923590_789649301109228_849016678089100

mah G, in this time of unlimited old Aphex soundcloud tunes droppage, one just doesn't post 23 second workouts anymore. One develops something to at least a minute 30, preferably more with this kind op chopping skills ;)

fuck you're right - to be fair this track will be turned into a full one once i finish up a couple others for this ep in the works (thats taking a HELLISH amount of time to create unfortunately)

Archived