IGNORED

Minipops nominated for BBC's Hottest Record of 2014

Kennylogg Bubblebath

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

voted w/o even browsing the list. anyway, i guess vhs head isn't on there, so i have no regrets.

Done. There is some utter tuss on that list.

yeah, that's the one!

wlu6hv.jpg

Guess I'd better eat my words.

It's devastatingly shit. Out of those 100 tracks, there's literally about three that are actually decent, Minipops included.

Will be interesting to see how Aphex fares though. He has the disadvantage of weak social media presence. I've already seen a couple of the bands posting the links on their Facebook pages, asking for votes. Warp have too much street cred to risk doing that haha

• 2 weeks later...

I checked the dude's twitter and 100-51 have been revealed. Apparently Minipops is in the top 50 then.

yeah, it's on the third place...

for real ? quite good if u ask me !

Record of the year? Twas just a track. There are members here nominating it for EP of the year but it didn't take that physical form. I always just saw it as a track off an album. A pop hit, if you will.

Good lad.

cold_play_narrowweb__200x257.jpg

Big thumbs up indeed lol. Glad to see my vote for Coldplay proves I know what's scorching hot on the airwaves these days. Hahah. Joking aside, how the fuck did that win? And Ed Sheeran at number 8?? Wtf.

Laughable

Archived