IGNORED

Winter Autechre

PlatrixECV

Something about colder weather, moody skies with faint diffuse sunlight, and shorter days in inherenty condusive to Autechre listening. It's probably in my top three reasons to look forward to winter along with Christmas and Thanksgiving. This is a thread about ideal Autechre tracks for winter listening. I realize that in general Autechre is wintry music and its probably easier to come up with summer Autechre.

For me I have noted is that while I tend to prefer newer crazy Autechre most of the year and often fret that pre-Chiastic Slide stuff might sound repetitive and boring, I go into a heavy Tri Repetae era kick as soon as Daylight Savings Time is over. Something about commuting at night maybe. I am lsitening to the hell out of Clipper, Rotar, Piob, Bronchuseven, and Drane. Piob and Bronchuseven are probably 1 / 2 for just feeling wintry.

• Like 1

I generally have the opposite opinion to other wattmers; Confield is an album that I generally associate with summer. Probably because I bought it during a particularly oppressive summer.

Anyway, I actually agree about Oversteps being wintery though. Fuck yeah twinkly shit!

If I'm remembering correctly, someone here mentioned listening to Exai for the first time with a snowstorm going on outside. I love that idea so I'd say Exai fits well around this time.

Snow has such a magical effect on Autechre's music ! Listened heavily to Clipper in a car with friends when we were driving to ski, it was marvelous. I don't know it's like falling snowflakes belong to their music in some way.

Even if within a few days I'll exclusively listen to Ae for 3 months or so, I find it more and more difficult to really listen to their music the rest of the year...

Oversteps is generally a good winter album I find.

Yeah strangely it's the only Ae album I would associate with a season, winter being perfect. Although coming to think of it LP5 sits perfectly as a summer album for me, as it was a great summer that it floored me all those years ago and has stayed with me, strangely I find it a harder album to find the right mood for these days though, it's everything from Confield onwards these days.

If I'm remembering correctly, someone here mentioned listening to Exai for the first time with a snowstorm going on outside. I love that idea so I'd say Exai fits well around this time.

yep. that february was brutal here.

first snow automatically makes me grab oversteps. r ess and driving in the snow ild perfection

Guest jasondonervan

Somebody post that pic of Sean and Rob playing in the snow. A very AE christmas.

tumblr_mb28wxuMGc1rhj4ggo1_1280.png

For me, Amber is so wintry there are icicles practically hanging off the cover.

Exai also sits deep within the frozen wastes, mainly due to listening to it upon release while in Iceland last time. Will never forget driving across a barren coastal landscape, where every turn of the road delivered further lush environmental visuals... and suddenly steeply driving down into a valley with a vast expanse of flatlands leading out to sea, nodezsh soundtracking the whole thing. Purest of the pure IDM as fuck.

i spammed every one of their albums when i found out about them this summer so all their shit reminds me of when i lived in a crappy, cabin like apartment. i wouldn't have it any other way.

I listen to Ae way more often during the winter time. There is something really magical about walking through a winter storm early mornings listening to their music, especially "Move of Ten" "Untilted" or "Oversteps". I feel like i am on a different planet.

I know I'm not bringing anything new to the table by saying this but Confield is definitely a razor sharp ice filled tundra. In the best of ways

interesting. It sounds like old machinery in dry bushland, taken over by alien organisms/insects to me!