IGNORED

Speculative Russian Noise Potential Spy Generator Clue Thingie ?

Lane Visitor

filled the topic with buzzwords about this cool satellite transmission thing i ready about that was just posted, since i didnt have time to fully read it or try to explain.. new activity just now potentially due to something ukraine/russia related... i was originally gonna post this in vaporwave but i thought it had wider appeal, plus it's pretty freakin idmz yall

this could also be some kind of crazy cool afx / ae / sp joint project!!! lol

I'm a sucker for sampling stuff like this even though it's been done to death by BOC and the like. There's something inherently idm about unexplained, static-drenched radio messages. Spooky fuckin' radio vibes, nomesayin?

Black Dog love a bit of Number Station action these days

WTF is the deal with those anyway? You'd think in modern hi-tech times, the secret services would communicate with something more sophisticated than playing bingo over conventional radio

I'm a sucker for sampling stuff like this even though it's been done to death by BOC and the like. There's something inherently idm about unexplained, static-drenched radio messages. Spooky fuckin' radio vibes, nomesayin?

Black Dog love a bit of Number Station action these days

WTF is the deal with those anyway? You'd think in modern hi-tech times, the secret services would communicate with something more sophisticated than playing bingo over conventional radio

I guess it's that you don't need special equipment that would give away that you're a spy. Just and ordinary radio and the code book will do. And receiving a radio signal does not leave traces, compared to visiting a website for example. And you can't easily block access to a radio transmission in a large area.

Buzzer is an old numbers station. Its microphone has been known to record TV shows as well, must be boring directing spies

The reason this method has survived so long is because it's cheap, convenient and ridiculously fool-proof

You can do nasty tricks like converging separate audio transmittions that only descramble into sensible audio at the intended target location as well

You can do nasty tricks like converging separate audio transmittions that only descramble into sensible audio at the intended target location as well

Sounds like something BOC would do: post cryptic numbers on some obscure webpage. Intensive fanboy research reveals them to be UTMs for a random wooded hill somewhere. Go there with a radio at the appropriate time (also displayed within said cryptic webpage) and you can hear bonus BOC trax

The UVB-76 signal is old but still fascinating. Read a lot about it a couple of years ago. I don't know if it's true or not, but I heard on a podcast (not a conspiracy theory podcast or anything like that - it was just mentioned out of the blue) that the signal changed a tiny bit after Russia invaded Crimea

Archived