IGNORED

Dälek - Asphalt For Eden

usagi

• 3 weeks later...

Nice i loved Gutter Tactics - I wonder if this is going to be an Ipecac deal. From what I can gather, Ipecac is really scaling back on new releases... MP cited the recession a little while ago.

The recession? Really? Man I love me some Ipecac, but I've just kinda stopped following the label, it happens. I'd say somewhere along the line they lost their Standard of Quality with me, same thing happened with Warp. As for Ipecac there are a few things that might restore my faith:

1. If the new Butthole Surfers Mevins collab is any good

2. This new Dalek (honestly don't see how it couldn't be anything but amazing)

3. New Fantomas

But really the one thing that I think could truly breathe life back into MP's career is the one thing everybody is sick of hearing about, so I won't even bother typing it out.

• 3 months later...

that ^ is this track:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5c2FltyVAAc

off what is generally considered their best album, Absence. I'd search that out. the whole album has that noisy, dark, futuristic sound that sounds like skyscrapers collapsing.

edit: I like Abandoned Language a little bit more though. not that it's categorically a better album, it just has this beat, resigned, introspective sound which I like a lot.

• 8 months later...

new EP on the horizon, April next year.

Next spring Profound Lore will release a new EP from hip-hop experimental noise band DÄLEK. Earlier this year MC Dälek revived DÄLEK after a hiatus with a new lineup which now includes DJ rEK and Mike Swarmbots. This upcoming EP will feature all new DÄLEK material and will be the first official DÄLEK release since their last full-length, 2009’s “Gutter Tactics”.

source

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hoofing. Glad they haven't taken anything from Death Grips' sound and kept true to their own voice. Not quite sure what to make of the dodgy dancing in the video, probably about society or something.

edit:

Looks like we have this too

• 3 months later...

this is too fucking short, less than 40 mins. I love it, there are some tracks I've stuck on repeat for hours, like 6db and It Just Is. the latter is quite moving.

edit: also I saw somewhere that they're working with Goth Trad on some trax

Archived