IGNORED

you are, somehow, incredibly talented. you have been given loads of money.

kaini

everything: me (sorry, not interested in collabs)

but i'd like to have this:

1. computer: top of the line mac pro 12 core = 10.000 euros

2. various software: 5.000 euros

3. speakers: geithain rl944 = 10.000 euros

4. dac: lynx hilo = 2.500 euros

5. acoustical treatment for my room = 3000 euros

so about 30.000 euros would be everything i'd ever need no matter how rich i am

a good alternative for geithans would be amphion one18. I got them a month ago. amazing speakers!

hey! :w00t: i read about those. apparently they're the best buy atm.

regarding my financial situation/plan i'm gonna buy those for sure, cause i doubt i'm gonna have 10k euros for the rl944 in near future, but probably will have 3k for the one18 & 100w amphion amp, in next 1-2 yrs.

have you compare them to the one15? i'm still not sure which one to buy...

hehe

yeah, as I didnt have 12k for geithans, amphion is definitely a good second choice for 3.5k.

I have been a audiophile for 4 years, and listened to countless speakers. They beat wilsons, harbeth, audio note, reference 3a that ive heard and own.

they are incredible!

wow! thank you for this. i was especially wondering how they compare to harbeths. my search ends here. as soon as i get the money they're mine ;)

Woodblock - Burial

lol

hehe woodblocks and zippo lighters

Guest murphythecat8

everything: me (sorry, not interested in collabs)

but i'd like to have this:

1. computer: top of the line mac pro 12 core = 10.000 euros

2. various software: 5.000 euros

3. speakers: geithain rl944 = 10.000 euros

4. dac: lynx hilo = 2.500 euros

5. acoustical treatment for my room = 3000 euros

so about 30.000 euros would be everything i'd ever need no matter how rich i am

a good alternative for geithans would be amphion one18. I got them a month ago. amazing speakers!

hey! :w00t: i read about those. apparently they're the best buy atm.

regarding my financial situation/plan i'm gonna buy those for sure, cause i doubt i'm gonna have 10k euros for the rl944 in near future, but probably will have 3k for the one18 & 100w amphion amp, in next 1-2 yrs.

have you compare them to the one15? i'm still not sure which one to buy...

hehe

yeah, as I didnt have 12k for geithans, amphion is definitely a good second choice for 3.5k.

I have been a audiophile for 4 years, and listened to countless speakers. They beat wilsons, harbeth, audio note, reference 3a that ive heard and own.

they are incredible!

wow! thank you for this. i was especially wondering how they compare to harbeths. my search ends here. as soon as i get the money they're mine ;)

Woodblock - Burial

lol

hehe woodblocks and zippo lighters

harbeth is colored and lack dynamism. for electronica music, I wouldnt touch a harbeth. if you only enjoy classical though, tis whole other story. same thing with audio note. I had AN-J lx, and yeah, not fast enough for EDM, but the best speaker ever for jazz and classical music. Harbeth and audio note is not totally transparent, but their colour can either please you or bore you. I recommend you to try them and see for yourself!

cheers

Comparing amphion one18 to AN J is lack comparing a rally car with a F-1 in terms of speed, resolution and transparency.

what i'm looking for is an honest speaker, which tells you the truth, without coloring of flattering things. for example, if you record an acoustical guitar in your room/studio with the best possible equipment i'd like to playback in the same room to sounds like that same guitar played live 5 minutes ago, if you know what i mean.

sad to hear about harbeths...

Guest murphythecat8

what i'm looking for is an honest speaker, which tells you the truth, without coloring of flattering things. for example, if you record an acoustical guitar in your room/studio with the best possible equipment i'd like to playback in the same room to sounds like that same guitar played live 5 minutes ago, if you know what i mean.

sad to hear about harbeths...

nothing sad about harbeth. lot of people like that kind of sound but its colored and not totally transparent.

if you want transparency, amphion one18 are really faithful to the source I think.

My band would just be Deerhoof with Trish Keenan on vocals. They'd occasionally use parts that I came up with, but would mostly do their own thing. I'd also sing harmonies on a few songs, but only as a guest in the studio.

Thom Yorke mumbles in the background, his mic is always low but it's still noticeable. He mumbles.

Trent Reznor plays the drums, like the solo in Piggy; he gets bored, he goes through phases but the drumming style stays consistent

Richard Stallman provides custom software

D4NNY on the beat (using Stallman's software on a mac that runs TempleOS)

The guy from The Knife writes the band's manifesto then leaves the band

Burial leads the Committee of Gender Issues by himself since the guy from The Knife left

Waters and Gilmour on the guitar and bass, they are forced to colaborate (kidnap their kids)

GG Allin's hologram on the vocals, and

featuring Roxette in the Brazen Bull (one show only)

drums: John Bonham and Mark Guiliana (alternating, Clyde and Jabo style)

bass: Jaco Pastorius

keys: Vangelis (on the CS-80, of course) and Chick Corea (on Rhodes and MiniMoog)

Brass: John Coltrane and Pharoah Sanders

pedal steel: Daniel Lanois

vocals: Elis Regina

Raymond Scott - electronics

Erik Satie - Fender Rhodes

Carol Kaye - Bass

Me and Bogdan Raczynski - Vox

Rodd Keith - Mellotron and organ

Bogdan Raczynski - food catering

I would conduct a choir consisting of Scott Stapp, Chad Kroeger, the singers from Staind, Godsmack and Theory of a Deadman; featuring "YEEeeeyAYAHHH" from James Hetfield, with Lars Ulrich on drums.

The band name would be Semicolon.

Me, tomJ, and some sick arse jazz drummer and someone to make sure the synths and everything sync, i nominate my brother. Maybe on occasion a withit horn section just for something different ala like a full on mingus complicated the fuck score max out performance or three.

• 2 weeks later...

I would get to work on my long-awaited 400bpm acoustic polka-jungle album:

Accordion: Luke Vibert

Keytar: Belinda Bedekovic

Drums 1: Guy from Meshuggah

Drums 2: Rick Allen

Drums 3: Guy I saw in Hamilton once who played sweet live DnB

Drums 4: Joe Morello

Triangle: Flashbulb

Immaculate

Field recordings of Autechre getting drunk in a dungeon with Andy Stott and Oberman Knocks. Trent Resnor is locked in a cell in the distance and his screams can be heard.

Then let Mr76ix and NHKyx sample the recordings and stick some whack ass beats over the top.

Ceephax mixes it all together and adds some funky acid basslines.

Swans then do a live interpretation of the whole thing, recorded in the original dungeon.

:emotawesomepm9::cerious::music:

Archived