IGNORED

Korg Volca Sample or Arturia Spark le?

Guest The Bro

Guest The Bro

I wanna get the Volca Sample because of its step sequencer and you can load your own samples in to it. Seems like a superior alternative to the Volca Beats but its not without its shortcomings I feel i.e lack of midi out and only 4mb of sample memory! Real time control seems to be where VS excels though.

Then I think about the Spark le and how much better it is than the Volca Sample. Spark le is vastly more advanced and comes with like 3000 samples and all the vintage drum machines and has that step sequencer even though its software via the controller. All 16 channels can have their own effects etc. Spark le also intergrates nicely into a daw as a plugin.

I dunno what do you guys think?

I personally would go for the volca. Spark LE looks sweet but it is still just a controller, ie. you can't use it standalone.

Don't let the volca's small memory fool you. You can fit a lot into 4mb if you're efficient!

Guest The Bro

bought another akais3000xl for 5 quid last feb at a car boot sale

Ha ha nice doorstep. Just joking I got an S2000.

I personally would go for the volca. Spark LE looks sweet but it is still just a controller, ie. you can't use it standalone.

Don't let the volca's small memory fool you. You can fit a lot into 4mb if you're efficient!

Mm still undecided although the standalone argument is a powerful one.

Yeah. It's a matter of taste though. Just seems like a waste of money if it can only control software. At least with something like the Beatstep it can be configured in software and then taken away and used as a combination sequencer/controller to do all kinds of wacky things with hardware. That's a whole other beast though.

I'd say try them out in a store if you can. Do you have any of the other volcas?

Archived