IGNORED

Twoism.org Updated Their Forums!

Joyrex

It looks way too narrow, doesn't it? Too much wasted space on the sides. And the font size for titles and such is huge

lol

I hope you didn't take my "very inspiring" comment as a dig - I really do like it - it is very inspiring! (related to some stuff in the works)

Oh man....

It looks way too narrow, doesn't it? Too much wasted space on the sides. And the font size for titles and such is huge

lol

I hope you didn't take my "very inspiring" comment as a dig - I really do like it - it is very inspiring! (related to some stuff in the works)

Oh man....

:catnope: I can't handle this shit anymore

Yeah it seems a bit high contrast, but I like how it's modern looking yet still focused on basic forum functionality and speed. (I know I've mentioned this before but any of the newer transparent WATMM themes are slow enough to be unusable for me.)

Yeah it seems a bit high contrast, but I like how it's modern looking yet still focused on basic forum functionality and speed. (I know I've mentioned this before but any of the newer transparent WATMM themes are slow enough to be unusable for me.)

Don't worry - things are in the works that will address those kind of things... have you tried the SYRO theme? What browser/OS are you using?

(I know I've mentioned this before but any of the newer transparent WATMM themes are slow enough to be unusable for me.)

Sounds like a plug but it's a legitimate question - Does this severely slow you machine too, recently updated the .css to add subtle transparent elements: http://www.ilovecubus.co.uk/

Don't worry - things are in the works that will address those kind of things... have you tried the SYRO theme? What browser/OS are you using?

Almost always Firefox on Windows 7 machines these days but it was the same when I was using Chrome or Ubuntu. I have to say my computers aren't exactly recent and they're weak specifically in the graphics department too (most of my browsing is on a 2-year-old office laptop or a 5-year-old desktop, both with onboard graphics). It's just that the TH and Syro themes make browsing very choppy, compared to other WATMM themes as well as other forums. And their obvious common trait seems to be the large transparent areas.

I'm happy using the Classic theme, it already has more bells and whistles than I'm likely to ever use. :smile: The only kind of update I'd be worried about is one where we'd lose the option to use the older/simpler themes.

(I know I've mentioned this before but any of the newer transparent WATMM themes are slow enough to be unusable for me.)

Sounds like a plug but it's a legitimate question - Does this severely slow you machine too, recently updated the .css to add subtle transparent elements: http://www.ilovecubus.co.uk/

No, that seems completely fine speedwise.

Cool thanks man! I remember trying to do the same thing with an earlier version of CSS a few years back and it really crippled the video card when scrolling up and down, so was worried I'd done it again.

The transparent areas aren't really transparent - they are fixed images that are a copy of the background image with blurring applied. I think where the problem lies is in using background-image: fixed in the CSS - that seems to affect scrolling. Mcbpete's site has the same thing with his background.

I might look into this a bit more; I haven't done any heavy-duty CSS troubleshooting in some time...

Well, that was fast - here's a good post on the issue: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/23571578/chrome-issue-with-background-attachment-fixed-and-position-fixed-elements?rq=1

Sorry to turn this into a skin discussion (other than being about Twoism's new skin)!

Mcbpete's site has the same thing with his background.

It's very subtle, but I quite liked the effect it had on everything kinda colour grades everything - but it's the css for the table element (therefore the main body 'frame') that has opacity stuff:

think I put in something like:

div.table

{

some style setting stuff

opacity: 0.9;

}

It's most noticeable on the 'blog' page with dark/black images

As for Firefox, here's an updated note about the problem: http://www.ghacks.net/2008/06/28/fix-choppy-scrolling-in-firefox/

I'd check to see if you are on the latest Firefox (33) and see if that helps at all!

Just checked and I'm using 33.1.1, but the scrolling is still the same. The Syro skin is the worst offender, TH is kind of borderline usable but still annoying enough that I prefer the smmoother-scrolling Classic skin. I tried playing with the 'hardware acceleration' and 'smooth scrolling' settings but turning on smooth scrolling actually made things worse. :smile:

Archived