IGNORED

Moulettes remix competition

Guest Reuben

Hello Music Makers!

Long time lurker, loooooong time Aphex megafan and all round music-o-phile.

So, I come bearing a remix competition for one of my favourite bands, Moulettes, who released their third album, Constellations, earlier this year and they're looking to get some remixes for the next single release from the lead track, Glorious Year, which is out in January.

They're a kind of folky, rocky, dancy, proggy... all-sorts kind of band really.They're incredible musicians and the music and songs are complex and intriguing.

So, they're looking for some kick-ass remixes and more information can be found here: http://www.moulettes.co.uk/2014/11/03/competition-remix-our-next-single-glorious-year/#more-645

All of the wavs and stems are on that page and once you're done, it goes onto the Soundcloud page also linked to from there.

I know it's short notice (it closes on Friday 28/11) but I reckon if you ask them (via facebook https://www.facebook.com/pages/Moulettes/181614811902710is probably your best bet) they might give you a little longer.

Oh, and if anyone fancies linking Mr RDJ to this, that'd be great. ;)

Come on you c***s, let's 'ave some Moulettes acid!

This track is so goddamn dense I can't do a competent remix in a few hours. Obviously not an American band by making the contest end the day after one of the biggest holidays of the year.

#aintnobodygottimeforthat

Guest Atom Dowry Firth

The last remix I finished took me two years, lol. Started something for this but two days is a bit optimistic! Do you know the band? Are they cool with being a bit flexible about the deadline? Will try to get it finished by the end of the weekend if I can. I like these vox

Hello again! Thanks for the replies, and all blame for the lateness of this can be put squarely on me. I'm a bad Moule fan; was meaning to put something on here since they announced it but life kept on getting in the way. You know how it is!

I do know the band, they're a great and, as you can probably tell, very talented bunch (and yes, they're English so American holidays have no real bearing on their timings I'm afraid). They're currently touring but I've put a message on their FB page, asking if it would be possible to extend the deadline for anyone here who fancies having a crack at it.

Hopefully they can be flexible, have sent them a link to here as well. :)

And thanks for not thinking I'm just spamming my mates' band! And to Herr Jan for moving this to the right place and renaming it for me. If I could locate a thumbs up smiley, it would go here. But I can't, so it hasn't and you'll have to imagine it's here.

Archived