IGNORED

Luke Vibert gig in Leiden, NL - 9th of January 2015

Herr Jan

Luke will do a gig together with David Douglas and Maask the 9th of January of next year in Leiden. Last time he was here was also early January, so let's make this an annual thing :)

Can't miss this of course, no tickets to buy yet but I'm there! Just look at this beautiful flyer for the event:

1466295_295241697353374_4494646148977563

https://www.facebook.com/events/741197912601756/?fref=ts

Ugh, why are there never gigs in the netherlands close to the german border :(

They're always up north in Utrecht or Amsterdam etc.

Probably too expensive for me to get there, time will tell.

Except for things like STRP (Eindhoven), Incubate (Tilburg) and some small occasional festival or gig but not that regular, no! The only nice thing about Leiden is that it's close to Schiphol so you can spend the night there after the party, waiting for the first train home. Which I will probably do again with this gig.

Tickets will go on sale this monday btw, €14,00 a pop :)

• 1 month later...

Anyone joining me and my mates on this? Will be a good party, although I have NO idea whatsoever about the other acts.

23:00 - 23:45 Droom
23:45 - 00:30 Bloftenfrekl
00:30 - 01:15 Maask
01:15 - 02:15 David Douglas
02:15 - 04:15 Luke Vibert
04:15 - 05:00 Exoot

Sort of restored by now, this gig did my head in, Luke set it on fire for two hours, probably his best set I've seen live so far. Started off with a few Vibert classics, even a very old downtempo track of his which suprised me a lot. No Aphex tracks at all, lots of acid, funky old rave stuff, early UK rap and a lot of early dubsteppy stuff which I'm dying to find out now. After that massive jungle and breaks ala Current Value, then some fun(ky) weird tune (TV tune or something?) and Surfing Bird to top it off. Still my fave live DJ!

So basically: anyone know about regular early UK dub Luke plays occassionaly?

10887265_313448885532655_457113037503253

sounds like a great set dude.

I haven't been able to catch Luke as he rarley comes to the US anymore. Last time I saw him was right after Yoseph.... !

He had just cut his hair and shaved his beard and I barely recognized him. He played Concertina Turner as the last track that night... 5 years later he released it, so who knows?

• 4 weeks later...

I haven't been able to catch Luke as he rarley comes to the US anymore. Last time I saw him was right after Yoseph.... !

He had just cut his hair and shaved his beard and I barely recognized him. He played Concertina Turner as the last track that night... 5 years later he released it, so who knows?

Damn, definitely due for a revisit indeed!

Just found out one of my most searched for tracks he played this evening (I think! was pretty wasted at this point), googled with 'dub track watery sounds' as search terms.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest vibertisgod

Damn, definitely due for a revisit indeed!

Just found out one of my most searched for tracks he played this evening (I think! was pretty wasted at this point), googled with 'dub track watery sounds' as search terms.

oh man, THAT trap track :emotawesomepm9:

• 4 weeks later...

Sort of restored by now, this gig did my head in, Luke set it on fire for two hours, probably his best set I've seen live so far. Started off with a few Vibert classics, even a very old downtempo track of his which suprised me a lot. No Aphex tracks at all, lots of acid, funky old rave stuff, early UK rap and a lot of early dubsteppy stuff which I'm dying to find out now. After that massive jungle and breaks ala Current Value, then some fun(ky) weird tune (TV tune or something?) and Surfing Bird to top it off. Still my fave live DJ!

So basically: anyone know about regular early UK dub Luke plays occassionaly? 10887265_313448885532655_457113037503253

So he still does smoke. I was under the impression that he had quit weed.

Archived