IGNORED

Christ. - 'Curio'

Ifeelspace

"christ. 'curio'. Volume 1. Imminent."

from his facebook page. I suspect it will be a collection of his rarer/older tracks.

This is exciting news!

Edit: Christ. Ok. It's a collection of old stuff, four tracks, demos, sketches, curiositis. A few tracks from delicass and Yugo. About three hours of music. Three volumes. All before Christmas. £5 each. Not all of it is amazing, but it's all 'of interest', to me definitely, and hopefully to you guys.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Excellent news! I've been excited to hear some of his older work for a long time now. And I thought "Cathexis" was great--some of my all-time favorite Christ. on there.

Very good news, I think his early stuff is his most atmospheric, Moxley Moy and Kenderal are 2 of his best IMO, this is turning out to be a golden year for electronic music releases.

He was affiliated with Hexagon Sun and listed in the credits of the original version of "Twoism" (to my knowledge, the only non-Sandison/Eoin ever listed on official releases in this way). But where did you get "BoC's drummer"? I've never heard anything about that.

He was affiliated with Hexagon Sun and listed in the credits of the original version of "Twoism" (to my knowledge, the only non-Sandison/Eoin ever listed on official releases in this way). But where did you get "BoC's drummer"? I've never heard anything about that.

Yeah, first I've heard of the drummer bit. Chris expounded upon his involvement a bit in an interview a year or two ago and it didn't mention anything about drumming.

The new Touched track is one of his best yet!

Ritalin is awesome! It reminds me a bit of Boards of Canada's Skam tracks Korona and Chinook... I really wish Christ. would go ahead and release the original albums.

This release is reminiscent of Benbecula's Music Volumes One and Two, one of my favorite compilations. The music is straightforward, honest and beautiful.

Instant goosebumps, right from that opening beautiful track "dempsey". Fucking 1993, too--so ahead of the curve. Also glad to learn the name of "ritalin": I liked that one from the Peel Session, so it's good to have a straight-up copy of that track on its own (although it works really well in the context of that Peel session, though).

Archived