IGNORED

Better Call Saul (spoilers ahoy)

Rubin Farr

after my initial complaints ive warmed up to the show, but the music is pretty bad in parts. It sounds very dated to me, like early 00's TV show music...

maybe this is purposeful yea?

after my initial complaints ive warmed up to the show, but the music is pretty bad in parts. It sounds very dated to me, like early 00's TV show music...

I find the music not distracting...so it's just good enough. I usually notice if a soundtrack to a movie/series is good, but neither BB or BCS caught my attention. But is the theme to BCS a reworking of the BB theme or am I imagining things.

you're imagining things. the theme song is great though. love the way it cuts out abruptly as well.

anyone else kinda being taken out of the timeframe by the language they were using? isn't it supposed to be early 00s with flashbacks to the 90s? i can't think of any examples off hand but they were using really current memey esque speak and i was kinda thrown off by it. maybe i'm nit picking though i really do love it so far. definitley can't wait till next weeks ep.

I only noticed one instance of it, when that guy in the flashback leaves the bar he says 'hells yeah', which seems like a very modernly annoying shit-phrase.

Great episode

And fuck you for ragging on the music, Dave Porter and all that classic bossa nova? they used Esquivel in one episode for chrissakes.

Edited by chim

i actually cant bring to mind a single bit of what the music is even like now you mention it. hasnt exactly made a lasting impression. the show is great though, the pace and atmosphere is like breaking bad popped a valium.

Did we know before this the meaning of Saul Goodman? I lol'd

Really enjoyed the whole open with Jimmy's partner in crime. The guys fake drunken diatribe was a beaut. I've encountered similar drunken ramblings from someone in the past, so maybe that's why I found it so amusing.

The rest of the episode was pretty ridiculous though.

EM sensitivity is such a BS thing. There have been experiments that has shown that it's all made-up by loonies. The sequence where he braves himself outside with his space blanket was hilarious.

Edited by azatoth

Guest fiznuthian

I agree, but somatoform disorder is a real problem. The brain is capable of all sorts of generated internal suffering. Chuck is pretty lol though. Good character. :)

EM sensitivity is such a BS thing. There have been experiments that has shown that it's all made-up by loonies. The sequence where he braves himself outside with his space blanket was hilarious.

Didn't Chuck become aware of Saul's phone in his trouser pockets as he came home drunk, with no reason to believe it was in there?

i kind of doubt tbh, the music in Breaking Bad also sounded similarly dated to me in parts, and now its worse but i dont think its intentional at all. I think its supposed to be sort of whimsical, but even that is problematic for me. When they play whimsical music it sort of feels l like they are trying to 'force' a tone, sort of like when you watch a halfway decent good 80s comedy like What about Bob and watching it now you wonder 'wait why cant they just let me find this scene funny by myself instead of playing extremely gregarious over the top circus music for me to laugh at' . To me it lowers the show a little, not by a huge amount but it would be better with a lot less music.

Great episode

And fuck you for ragging on the music,

no, fuck you for not only liking it but defending it. You actually can tell me you enjoyed the music when Saul was climbing up the billboard and setting up the twin skater car accident? That was seriously painful. Dave Porter was able to stay afloat on breaking bad, but now i feel like he's gone Mark SNow season 8-9 of the x-files, thinking he can make 'funny' music and not make it cringe worthy, but im sorry he cant.

Edited by John Ehrlichman

yeah that part was awesome. Btw it might not be a "real" disease but your brain can make you believe and feel pretty much anything

that was hysterical, especially when they cut to the woman watching him

i kind of doubt tbh, the music in Breaking Bad also sounded similarly dated to me in parts, and now its worse but i dont think its intentional at all. I think its supposed to be sort of whimsical, but even that is problematic for me. When they play whimsical music it sort of feels l like they are trying to 'force' a tone, sort of like when you watch a halfway decent good 80s comedy like What about Bob and watching it now you wonder 'wait why cant they just let me find this scene funny by myself instead of playing extremely gregarious over the top circus music for me to laugh at' . To me it lowers the show a little, not by a huge amount but it would be better with a lot less music.

fair point. tbh I haven't really even noticed the music.

I think that's the notion the show takes too though, it's all in Chuck's head he doesn't have an actual condition he's just had a bit of a meltdown, perhaps from the stresses of once being a high-profile lawyer. I suspect this will come into play more later on.

I feel like a fucking idiot for not noticing " 'sall good, man"

Really enjoying this. It's slower, but I think it's better for it.

They've really made the fact that you know what happens to Saul and Mike (a long way down the line) makes the show even more interesting. It doesn't detract.