IGNORED

Better Call Saul (spoilers ahoy)

Rubin Farr

that was good. i guess the season finale will be about jimmy embracing the "slippin' jimmy"/"criminal lawyer" completely as a sort of psychological "fuck you" to his brother and the system that just doesn't accept him.

so what is Jimmy's big secret? something sexual i'm assuming, maybe Chuck helped him bury it with the local PD. Kim knows his secret now thanks to Hamlin...

What big secret are you referring to? Admittedly it was late when I watched it last night, but I didn't catch any reference to a big secret.

I think Hamlin told Kim that Chuck had told him not to hire Jimmy and that's it. Hamlin was sort of taking the brunt of Jimmy's vitriol. If there is an even deeper reason other than Chuck I missed it

I think Hamlin told Kim that Chuck had told him not to hire Jimmy and that's it. Hamlin was sort of taking the brunt of Jimmy's vitriol. If there is an even deeper reason other than Chuck I missed it

Yeah that's basically how I read that scene. That's why I'm confused by the mention of "Jimmy's big secret".

so what is Jimmy's big secret? something sexual i'm assuming, maybe Chuck helped him bury it with the local PD. Kim knows his secret now thanks to Hamlin...

I think Rubin is referring to he past sequence of Chuck helping Jimmy in jail. There's some sexual thing alluded too. I can't remember exactly what was said nor find a video of that scene.

A couple of interesting tidbits in this article about next week & beyond. can't wait.

http://www.ew.com/article/2015/03/30/better-call-saul-peter-gould-jimmy-chuck

Also, the finale is entitled "Marco". Wasn't that one of the Salamanca twins names? probably reaching with that one.

jesus, that scene was brutal. brought a tear to my eye. this is definitely shaping up to be a better show than breaking bad, a show I loved despite despising the two main characters. the main protagonists in this are all so much more likeable, and the writing is a step up as well I think. everything else seems like a gradual improvement as well, music, post-production, how it's shot, etc. there's definitely going to be another season, hopefullymaybe one more after that, don't think they need anything more than that.

also, the sex crime thing has nothing to do with current events, was just an interesting tidbit from his past.

what does a chimp with a machine gun really look like?

[youtubehd]GhxqIITtTtU[/youtubehd]

Edited by olo

Guest skibby

if he was trying to be a garbage collector, he would get rejected too. the real reason is that he really is more special and interesting than any of those boring conformist fake arsekissing """WINNERS""" around him.

even though i've grown to very much like the show, i still don't see how the Saul in breaking bad has much of a relation at all to the Saul in Better Call Saul. They made him seem like such a caricature with no actual humanity in Bad

even though i've grown to very much like the show, i still don't see how the Saul in breaking bad has much of a relation at all to the Saul in Better Call Saul. They made him seem like such a caricature with no actual humanity in Bad

They are pretty far from each other, but isn't that exactly the point though? To see the progress and the things he experienced to give some context how some prick laywer came to be? I have nothing but praise for this show anyway, the last episode was incredible. Ever since I saw their use of color explained it got even better too.

They are pretty far from each other, but isn't that exactly the point though? To see the progress and the things he experienced to give some context how some prick laywer came to be? I have nothing but praise for this show anyway, the last episode was incredible. Ever since I saw their use of color explained it got even better too.

nah, Jimmy was a good guy even in Breaking Bad, he was genuinely looking out for Walt and Jessie. yeah, he was also a corrupt POS, but at his core he was a decent guy.

The episode was well done, Nice Tie-ins to the cinematography with the JFK 1/2 dollar to some shots of Jimmy in some pivotal scenes. Clever. Not buying the complete resignation to become Saul Goodman at the end. He could have still used all the things that make him a great grifter by working at the the other law firm & probably make a rather solid living. I get it, at his core, he's slippin' Jimmy & a smoke on the water fan.

a chicago sunroof/10

yeah, that was a bit too abrupt. i guess what they were trying to show is that he doesn't want to become marco grinding his years on a soul draining job to meet a sad ending, he sort of wants for this "best week ever" to last much longer.

Edited by eugene

I think Jimmy has always been fighting the Slippin' Jimmy side of himself and Chuck's betrayal was the last drop and then having a reunion with his old conman friend probably helped him make his choice. He wants to be his own man and not work for anyone but himself.