IGNORED

Better Call Saul (spoilers ahoy)

Rubin Farr

I would almost be ok with them showing more of the German madrigal or Grey Matter side of things, that was a side of the plot that never got much explanation, but the Mexican drug cartel stuff at least for me doesn't need more of a back story

Yeah I found that aspect fascinating, wanted more backstory on that. At least at some point we'll find out how Mike got connected with Gustavo.

I'm sold after seeing episode 2. Parts of it I didn't love, but it kept me interested and wanting to see more.

My sense of Mike working as the attendant, maybe he's on probation of some kind? Community service for the court, something like that. Or maybe he's an ex-cop who did something bad to get kicked off the force and this is the only job the city/county was still willing to give him. It might be more interesting if Saul was the one who got Mike into the criminal world.

That would be a good angle. Mike was an ex-cop but between that and his role in BB there's literally now info on what that path was. He was always pretty low-key and discrete about it. I don't recall the APD mentioning him having a criminal record when they questioned him, just suspicions of his shady activities.

Really enjoying this so far.

I wasn't too keen on Tuco being added, though I was surprised by it and he looked a lot younger or at least less crazy at first, caught me off guard. I really dig that henchmen of his, the one that essentially saved Saul's ass. I hope his character isn't some anticlimactic side-story, he seems interesting.

That part with the 3 teenager defendants was hilarious. He does the slick speech and the prosecutor simply puts in a video of them performing necrophilia. I mean I expected something crude but holy corpse fucker batman that was insane. I'm glad the oft morbid absurdity of Breaking Bad is going to cross over to this.

Black-and-white shots of him in Omaha were amazing, but then again I'm a sucker for good cinematography and melancholy settings like Midwestern malls and nondescript apartments.

Really enjoying this so far.

I wasn't too keen on Tuco being added, though I was surprised by it and he looked a lot younger or at least less crazy at first, caught me off guard. I really dig that henchmen of his, the one that essentially saved Saul's ass. I hope his character isn't some anticlimactic side-story, he seems interesting.

That part with the 3 teenager defendants was hilarious. He does the slick speech and the prosecutor simply puts in a video of them performing necrophilia. I mean I expected something crude but holy corpse fucker batman that was insane. I'm glad the oft morbid absurdity of Breaking Bad is going to cross over to this.

Black-and-white shots of him in Omaha were amazing, but then again I'm a sucker for good cinematography and melancholy settings like Midwestern malls and nondescript apartments.

I'm pretty sure Nacho, Tuco's guy, is going to be a major character, at least for the first season story arc. I don't think there will be much Tuco from this point on (at least not in the pre-BB timeline the show will be mostly exploring).

The industry rags kind of flagged Nacho as a major player (also the treasurer and his wife) last summer when they were reporting on casting.

Don't really mind the Tuco thing if it's used, uh, judiciously, which it looks like it might be. It's actually kind of classic Gilligan-clever to quickly flag the impending threat by waiving Tuco around for the knowing audience for just a moment before transitioning into an entirely different storyline with an affiliated but separate character (Nacho).

Wasn't Tuco related to the old guy with the bell? Maybe we'll see him too.

It's quite possible, Hector was his uncle. I hope they focus more on the Nacho character & less on Tuco though personally. And as others have stated, I hope this show doesn't use the Mexican cartel as the main antagonist throughout the show. But, with Gus going to appear sooner or later, it probably will be.

Edited by olo

I would be really pleased if Robert Forster's vacuum cleaner salesmen played a role in the show, and i wouldn't mind getting more screentime or backstory of Saul's secretary (the one who called Hank to tell him Marie was just in a fake car accident)

Saul's gonna go for the 10%, he needs the money badly, his compadre will get busted by Tuco and killed, then Saul'll fall in w/Tuco maybe w/assistance at some point from Mike......the rest of my scrying sphere is unclear ;)

are you punking my abuelita?

this.

also, am I the only one who loves the OST? David Porter soooo good. In BrBa my fav was the episode were Tuco was killed. It gave m goosebumps!

Edited by logakght

also, am I the only one who loves the OST?

i'm enjoying it - particularly how even though BrBa employed such a range of styles, BCS still manages to distinct itself aurally.

Q: was that funk song towards the end of the first episode his work, or licensed?

also, am I the only one who loves the OST?

i'm enjoying it - particularly how even though BrBa employed such a range of styles, BCS still manages to distinct itself aurally.

Q: was that funk song towards the end of the first episode his work, or licensed?

you mean this one?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pe2jVek-oCA

Just watched both episodes, loved it. Loved the opening sequence, I thought they weren't going to touch post-BB, but reading the thread I'm glad to hear they will :)

Too bad I clicked on this thread before watching it, reading some early posts in this thread that gave the

Tuco cameo

away, but I still digged it. And yeah, like sheathe said, already better than TWD (which I'm also still watching, purely for tradition now I guess).

This show has been great so far. I didn't really know what to expect. Initially the talk seemed that it would be more on the comedy side, but I like the tone of the show. Nice balance between intensity and funniness. Should be interesting to see how Saul's and Mike's relationship develops.