nature

i wish legowelt had his own weekly radio show somewhere. im gonna miss not having a new nts this week :(

You might want to check out his Astro Unicorn radio shows, he did a shit ton of weekly shows full of great themes, fun stuff and top tunes a couple of years ago on Intergalactic FM. Most of them were saved and are up for streaming and download on his website (definitely worth it!):

http://www.moosleybay.com/astro.htm

Fresh Occult Orientated Crime ambient gig uploaded:

I was planning to go to this, they gave away 100 free tickets but they were all claimed after a few minutes so I had to skip it :( would've been great in such a museum.

It's like a murked out remake of Disco Rout meets Rock To The Beat, and even if it isn't, the comparison of the two tracks is a good illustration of how his sound has evolved over the past 15 years. I'll always love the original though, no matter how many times he disowns it or whatever, it's the track that got me into the 'welt in the first place.

Been listening to those NTS shows some more lately, this Orgue Electronique remix is a couple of years old but new to me I think. Reminds me that I need to listen to Strange Paradise again, soon.

^ That Orgue track was my 'track of the year' 2013, still sounds just as fresh. Never been a huge fan of Disco Rout myself, probably bc I picked up on it way after stumbling on his music.

Talking about that Seaside Houz Boys track, the EP was just released:

surfingicecream.png

The seaside houz boys return with a hot new vinyl EP
Four imbecile level mistical club bangers On Hot Haus Records *** In full effect! ***
Garantueed to have been produced on cheap crap digital stuff that nobody wants for authentic flavour

If that's the artwork it's worth buying just for that + the track above, the other tracks don't do much for me yet.

I knew I posted my autobiographical Disco Rout "story" somewhere before and sure enough here it is. Also looking at the artwork now I realized the uncanny parallel between skiing or snowboarding and surfing on ice cream but I'm sure that's just my brain looking for patterns where there aren't any.

I've got this very clear memory of going for a walk in the snow-covered fields of my hometown listening to my self-made Legowelt compilation on MiniDisc. I came home to the news that Space Shuttle Columbia had disintegrated on re-entry, which is probably what makes me remember it in the first place. But the result is that I've always associated Pimpshifter and Disco Rout especially with the snow. The video for Disco Rout ties in nicely.

Sounds great - Xosar is enormously talented imo

Okay, I love legowelt, and these samples sound great.

I must say though, it has become a pet peeve of mine when a site to purchase music offers digital samples and digital streaming, but only physical purchase options. Ah well, I understand that markets, distributors, labels, and artists all have complex feelings on many things... hopefully I will be able to purchase this music soon.

i wish legowelt had his own weekly radio show somewhere. im gonna miss not having a new nts this week :(

For those suffering from withdrawal: the latest Crème podcast happens to be him as well.

Epic cloudbusting remix somewhere around the hour mark, "Emiel Emmereend" and the mysterious Son Of Social Zombies make another appearance as well.

Son of Social Zombies

Andreas Gehm - haha

K Alexi Shelby - Relax With The Chicago

Lady Blacktronika - Sounds like a white girl

Rhythim is A Dancer CR78 original demo mix

Kevin McPhee - T.W.

Jupiter Jax

Cliff Lothar - To The Sea

Sochi Therada - TokyoXXX

Dee-Lite - What is Love? Smudged out cassette Smack version

Mr.G - Absurd Beatz

Jamie Principle

Lady Blacktronika - Closer Look

Jupiter Jax

Willie Burns - Bang The Box

Marie Minerva - Black Magic

Masks - Zebra

Orgonon V

Macaronesian PuppetMasters / Mike Dearborn

Joey Beltram

Legowelt - Deep Magic Begins Here

Emiel Emmereend - Everybody Dance

Endfest - Einzelganger

Sirius II

Looks like Son Of Social Zombies = Jupiter Jax? Trying to get ahold of his Visions LP + Visitors Cassette, now if only someone from the label would reply before they sell out. :trashbear:

Looks like Son Of Social Zombies = Jupiter Jax? Trying to get ahold of his Visions LP + Visitors Cassette, now if only someone from the label would reply before they sell out. :trashbear:

I honestly thought it was going to be a new alias for Legowelt. Thanks for that, gonna look that up :)

New Nightwind release just announced:

Oh, yes! :music:

I honestly thought it was going to be a new alias for Legowelt. Thanks for that, gonna look that up :)

The Maltese scientist backstory made me doubt it too but it turns out this is really a dude from Malta who did his PhD in Biomolecular Modelling in London a couple of years ago or something.

Here from 3 minutes onwards he plays a different rendition of the unreleased track from the NTS show:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ISB6Jzv1MCA

Found his album and tape on Juno now by the way!

New Nightwind release just announced:

Oh, yes! :music:

Clips are up at http://www.nightwindrecords.org/

Guess the unreleased space g-funk track or whatever it was called is now known as Paracruise Waffles. :dadjoke:

Sweet! And here's the full track. So, so tasty:

Available on gold plated audio cassette in luxurious faux leather "vintage C64/ZXspectrum computer game" style cassette-box and on bandcamp later this month"

I'm really glad he's back with a label releasing physical stuff again, like we would say 'blood crawls where it cannot go' :) I'm so buying the shit out of this on that cassette!

Got the new Xamiga record and it's at least as good as the earlier ones! Think conjugacy's right though, no place to get files yet as far as I can see.

Ended up getting Anaconda Flow too, and loving the title track at the moment.

Got the new Xamiga record and it's at least as good as the earlier ones! Think conjugacy's right though, no place to get files yet as far as I can see.

Ended up getting Anaconda Flow too, and loving the title track at the moment.

Shit, completely forgot the Xamiga one. Need to find that asap!

The new Nightwind tapes are on sale, be quick!

https://www.clone.nl/item35990.html

http://shop.wichelroede.net/product/calimex-mental-implant-corp-el-saber-del-arpavor(former Godspill store)

10405232_845305142189596_892174489008423

11535840_845305138856263_405411778522926

• 2 weeks later...

Smackos - The Age of Candy Candy will be reissued on vinyl by some label: http://www.residentadvisor.net/feed-item.aspx?id=87378

Already have the original Strange Life CDr so I'll pass, but nice to see it getting some attention. One of my fave ambient albums!

Received that Nightwind tape I posted above last week too, great album. If you like Oberheim Space then don't sleep on this one!

I remember coming across Legowelt a long time ago and while I enjoyed his stuff I didn't become engrossed by it. But now, holy shit, this guy is on fire. So many quality releases, I don't know where to start. Really like some of these Japanophile-esque Strange Life Records and Nighwind aliases, really digging Psychic Stewardess and Rising Sun Systems in particular. Some of this stuff harkens the same aesthetics and vibes of some vaporwave releases, but far superior than like 96.7% of them.

Smackos - The Age of Candy Candy will be reissued on vinyl by some label: http://www.residentadvisor.net/feed-item.aspx?id=87378

Already have the original Strange Life CDr so I'll pass, but nice to see it getting some attention. One of my fave ambient albums!

Received that Nightwind tape I posted above last week too, great album. If you like Oberheim Space then don't sleep on this one!

Did you get digitals with the Calimex tape?

New Legowelt EP on the BAKK label (the Hague)

Samples sound really good.. Again... Damnit.

Did you get digitals with the Calimex tape?

Unfortunately not! I'm guessing they'll just upload the digitals when the tapes are sold out.