IGNORED

the sony hacking scandal

Rubin Farr

This is getting unreal, N Korea threatens to launch nuclear attacks against US if Sony Pictures releases "The Interview" comedy making fun of Kim Jong Un. The movie is delayed to Christmas. Sony Pictures and other branches of the company are hacked, to the point of emails being inaccessible. A 2nd hack occurs, releasing DVD screeners of 5 movies onto bit torrent. This timeline is fuzzy as it's all happening covertly, and Sony isn't being very forthcoming. Sony executive salaries are released onto internet. Where this goes is anybody's guess??

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/more-signs-north-korea-may-be-behind-sony-pictures-hacking-2014-12-01?siteid=yhoof2

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If Seth Rogen and James Franco start World War 3 I'll be fairly impressed.

Yeah, I have mixed feelings about this, though. On the one hand, doing something that might bring down a terrible dictatorship seems like a good thing (things appear very bad there, at least according to that PBS "Frontline" I watched on this). On the other hand, that means more soldiers will die, and there will be collateral damage, too. There's also the issue of poor taste: just because you can make a film about assassinating an actual dictator doesn't mean that you always should do that. On the other hand, Kim Jong Un is a dick, and his administration is run by assholes, so there's that. Again, mixed feelings.

If Seth Rogen and James Franco start World War 3 I'll be fairly impressed.

Yeah, I have mixed feelings about this, though. On the one hand, doing something that might bring down a terrible dictatorship seems like a good thing (things appear very bad there, at least according to that PBS "Frontline" I watched on this). On the other hand, that means more soldiers will die, and there will be collateral damage, too. There's also the issue of poor taste: just because you can make a film about assassinating an actual dictator doesn't mean that you always should do that. On the other hand, Kim Jong Un is a dick, and his administration is run by assholes, so there's that. Again, mixed feelings.

LOL this movie will have zero effect on bringing down the regime.

So please feel free to watch this with a clear conscience.

There's also the issue of poor taste: just because you can make a film about assassinating an actual dictator doesn't mean that you always should do that.

Are you sure about that?

a lot of people think that kim jong un was silently deposed about three months ago, and the army are running the show now. he's an alcoholic with a fondness for rich food and suffers from chronic gout.

i heard weed is legal in north korea, is that bullshit?

Yes, bullshit.

a lot of people think that kim jong un was silently deposed about three months ago, and the army are running the show now. he's an alcoholic with a fondness for rich food and suffers from chronic gout.

He's still large and in charge.

Related to the hacking case: http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/12/05/sony-cybersecurity-northkorea-idUSL3N0TO0BR20141205

according to the north korean constitution, kim jong sung is still the president because he made himself "eternal president so kim jong ill was and kim jong un current is- pawns :cat:

btw: #gop really seem to hate michael lynton

Archived