IGNORED

the sony hacking scandal

Rubin Farr

message purported to be from the hackers

We have already given our clear demand to the management team of SONY, however, they have refused to accept.

It seems that you think everything will be well, if you find out the attacker, while no reacting to our demand.
We are sending you our warning again.
Do carry out our demand if you want to escape us.
And, Stop immediately showing the movie of terrorism which can break the regional peace and cause the War!
You, SONY & FBI, cannot find us.
We are perfect as much.
The destiny of SONY is totally up to the wise reaction & measure of SONY.

fuckinglol

let's start a war!

a nuclear war!

a nuclear war!

in a gay bar

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i really really think this is some elaborate prank by a team of hackers with actual computers instead of the potatoes with wires going into/out of them that the state funded hacker team in NK prob have.

fuck yes dude thanks for that. Apparently this leak was so goddam huge that people have only begin to find juicy things in it, this is basically going to be like Wikileaks but for the entertainment industry, possibly much worse.

can't wait to see what inside discussion there was about Zero Dark Thirty

I happened onto a page that published their "ultimates" - the final profit or loss from a film after marketing, distribution, etc

Most of their films profit between $10-15 million, that's pathetic for tentpole films! This studio needs to be bought, these docs only prove that. Kaz Hurai has no business running a movie studio.

Reading some of the inter-office emails is fascinating, Hollywood really is just high school with more money. Apparently, the execs loathe Angelina Jolie and call her "a minimally talented spoiled brat" who wants to drag them down into a Cleopatra film no one wants to make. They also hate Adam Sandler with a passion and are livid that they are stuck with a production deal with Happy Madison that benefits Sandler more than Sony and are tired of relying on his "formulaic crap" that consistently make money, whether they like it or not. Kevin James also weaseled his way into Sony via friendship with Sandler and has consistently produced shit films.

Reading some of the inter-office emails is fascinating, Hollywood really is just high school with more money.

this is pretty much hollywood to a tee, although scott rudin is known as the biggest asshole in the industry so i don't think this really is a surprise to anyone how much he would dislike angie. i think the only people he likes are the coen brothers

also, i think the reason why they don't want to make the cleopatra film is because they feel the script isn't finished, and it's angelina jolie's personal project which they think is kinda dictating things the other way around- so yeah, a matter of ego, but honestly, does anyone like angelina jolie films?

I Iike like the part where he spells out "these people work for us, we don't work for them"

and yeah, Jolie is simply the most successful star fucker in town. She leeches from one male to another.

I happened onto a page that published their "ultimates" - the final profit or loss from a film after marketing, distribution, etc

Most of their films profit between $10-15 million, that's pathetic for tentpole films! This studio needs to be bought, these docs only prove that. Kaz Hurai has no business running a movie studio.

Most studios minimise stated profits Rubin. There's even a name for it, Hollywood accounting. ie, a lot of those 'losses' on the balance sheet are likely overstated, charging back self owned subsidiaries/contractors.

Most studios minimise stated profits Rubin. There's even a name for it, Hollywood accounting. ie, a lot of those 'losses' on the balance sheet are likely overstated, charging back self owned subsidiaries/contractors.
At least from the wording, ultimates sound like a number kept closer to Sony's chest, not the public press releases that yes, can manipulate anything into what they want it to say. A lot of these were losses, and I don't think they publicize those.

Anyways it's looking more and more likely that North Korea did not, in fact, hack sony.

So, does anyone want to start a new thread about "the sony hacking scandal"?

Can someone give me some tips using a program or method on Mac OSX mountain lion to do a keyword search through all of this data at the same time? I'm mostly looking for references of Sony's Glenn Greenwald's book acquisition 'No Place to Hide' and any references to the film Zero Dark Thirty

sorry if someone else mentioned this, but the most lol worthy section so far for me was this

Jonah Hill talking to Sony exec about 21 jump st sequel possibilities

“jump street merging with mib i think that’s clean and rad and powerful.”

mib=men in black

Can someone give me some tips using a program or method on Mac OSX mountain lion to do a keyword search through all of this data at the same time? I'm mostly looking for references of Sony's Glenn Greenwald's book acquisition 'No Place to Hide' and any references to the film Zero Dark Thirty

sorry if someone else mentioned this, but the most lol worthy section so far for me was this

mib=men in black

Just do cmd-F in the document to find whatever you're looking for.

And I think they must have referenced that in 22 Jump Street, cause some of the suggestions for sequels were pretty goddamned ridiculous.

its sort of putting into clear perspective why so many films pumped out from the hollywood biz are complete and utter shit these days..

...but people still watch them. and even after all this information has come out, aren't we going to go out and watch chappie? and the popeye film?

this leak is embarrassing for the studio, but i doubt it will hurt their business the way it was intended

mib=men in black

Just do cmd-F in the document to find whatever you're looking for.

And I think they must have referenced that in 22 Jump Street, cause some of the suggestions for sequels were pretty goddamned ridiculous.

heh thanks, i know how to do a cmd-F i should have been more specific. How does one just browse/view through raw OST (outlook) files on mac osx?

Archived