IGNORED

the sony hacking scandal

Rubin Farr

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There will be no action taken against NK unilaterally or otherwise.

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/north-korea-severe-internet-outage

WASHINGTON (AP) — North Korea is experiencing widespread Internet outages. One expert says the country's online access is "totally down."

It's not immediately clear if the Internet connectivity problems were an act of retribution for a major intrusion at Sony Pictures Entertainment that the FBI last week linked to North Korea.

President Barack Obama on Friday said the U.S. government would respond but didn't say how.

The White House declined to comment Monday. State Department spokeswoman Marie Harf told reporters that of the federal government responses, "some will be seen, some may not be seen."

Sorry i should clarify for the peanut gallery - no action that will result in anything changing there.

I assumed by action taken autopilot meant invasion or drone strikes or something along those lines.

And weren't you just saying that anonymous could have done it?

Wait what? I don't remember ever talking about drone strikes or military action.

I was merely pondering the hypothetical thought experiment that the hack could be staged by either the US gov or MPAA so that they could more easily pass some legislation that kills net neutrality. Not saying I think it's the case, just something to consider. (I don't know what to believe tbh)

And even if they didn't do the hack themselves, they could still easily capitalize on the current discontent to pass said legislation, just like they did with the Patriot Act shortly after 9/11. (Not saying 9/11 was a false flag event with any certainty, but it's pretty undeniable that the US gov opportunistically timed that legislation so it'd pass easily)

basically.

But because the NYT didn't say it (yet, wait a few years and it may quietly be revealed that the hack came from wherever, perhaps as a way for the repubs to knock the previous demo administration who knows, but by then we'll being manipulated with other BS psy-ops 101 for the dumb dumb herd massive), that's crazy talk and you're a nutso conspiracy theorist.

-sie-

It's like this cuba thing is going to end in kumbaya (and not end in a 'spontaneous from the ground up colour revolution' (stay strong cuba)) belief, why is everyone the endlessly battered lover looking for some bright side to the ongoing, neverending, US lies. It's madness, and completely invalidates you as a viable human intellect. I mean the lies aren't even subtle anymore, they positively project guilt.

heh,

double -sie-

love to whomever i've trod on of course, it's just yaknow, it's gets old dealing with people consistently bamboozled by the nothing puff and fluffery, never putting it in context as the vacuous verbal trolling cloaked in intellectual and establishment garb that it really is. Be sceptical first of those that have lied to you before, you don't owe them the benefit of the doubt.

Autopilot - as I said: I ASSUMED you were talking about physical action. A silly mistake on my part.

basically.

But because the NYT didn't say it (yet, wait a few years and it may quietly be revealed that the hack came from wherever, perhaps as a way for the repubs to knock the previous demo administration who knows, but by then we'll being manipulated with other BS psy-ops 101 for the dumb dumb herd massive), that's crazy talk and you're a nutso conspiracy theorist.

-sie-

It's like this cuba thing is going to end in kumbaya (and not end in a 'spontaneous from the ground up colour revolution' (stay strong cuba)) belief, why is everyone the endlessly battered lover looking for some bright side to the ongoing, neverending, US lies. It's madness, and completely invalidates you as a viable human intellect. I mean the lies aren't even subtle anymore, they positively project guilt.

heh,

double -sie-

love to whomever i've trod on of course, it's just yaknow, it's gets old dealing with people consistently bamboozled by the nothing puff and fluffery, never putting it in context as the vacuous verbal trolling cloaked in intellectual and establishment garb that it really is. Be sceptical first of those that have lied to you before, you don't owe them the benefit of the doubt.

delet: as usual, you see no nuance in anything. It is already confirmed in your mind. Note that I did not deny the US government could be involved in a hack. I was referring to physical acts, as I have already clarified.

And here is the NYT record so far on the North Korean internet being down:

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/12/23/world/asia/attack-is-suspected-as-north-korean-internet-collapses.html

http://www.nytimes.com/aponline/2014/12/23/world/asia/ap-as-nkorea-sony-hacking.html

And note - the internet being down affects very little in country, as the people are all connected to an intranet anyways.

Finally, it's interesting that no one has pointed out that basically, the US government (if they did this) has admitted they will engage in DDoS attacks on behalf of a foreign company.

Finally, it's interesting that no one has pointed out that basically, the US government (if they did this) has admitted they will engage in DDoS attacks on behalf of a foreign company.

i thought i brought up that point above, maybe not. Anyways it's worth noting that the US government has engaged in cyber warfare to a ridiculous extent (from what we know). As far as what's documented no other country has launched such an extensive amount of cyber attacks on anyone.

U.S. spy agencies mounted 231 offensive cyber-operations in 2011, documents show

U.S. intelligence services carried out 231 offensive cyber-operations in 2011, the leading edge of a clandestine campaign that embraces the Internet as a theater of spying, sabotage and war, according to top-secret documents obtained by The Washington Post.

That disclosure, in a classified intelligence budget provided by NSA leaker Edward Snowden, provides new evidence that the Obama administration’s growing ranks of cyberwarriors infiltrate and disrupt foreign computer networks.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/us-spy-agencies-mounted-231-offensive-cyber-operations-in-2011-documents-show/2013/08/30/d090a6ae-119e-11e3-b4cb-fd7ce041d814_story.html

There's actually been some sort of surreal development to this story pretty much every other day for the last week or so. I've been following it over on Neogaf where they've been discussing it pretty exhaustively.

NK has publically said it wasn't them.

Obama has condemned Sony for giving in to terrorism.

Tech experts have chimed in that it would be impossible for NK with their current tech/bandwidth to steal 1tb of data at once, and that it would take months of data transfer for them to pull it off (and be a colossal fuckup on Sony's part to not notice was happening).

False flag event to get some internet-control legislation pushed in the US and/or public support for action taken against North Korea?

*puts on tinfoil hat*

Just got this in my inbox:

post-175-0-08610800-1419357680_thumb.png

Another link here about how it might not have been NK after all

North Korean hackers from Japan (still a large patriotic North Korean population in Japan)

Wait, there are North Korean emigres living in a developed country that are pro-North Korea? How/why/huh?

Another link here about how it might not have been NK after all

North Korean hackers from Japan (still a large patriotic North Korean population in Japan)

Wait, there are North Korean emigres living in a developed country that are pro-North Korea? How/why/huh?

They are called chongryeon, they are a result of Japan's imperial past.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chongryon

lol @ nuance. The only nuance with this administration is deciding what colour to paint the bombs they're dropping. /"arr should we go for fuchsia, i hear that's big in the donbass this season". (arr they should rename the donbas the don't bomb /yes i know that mostly it's shelling going on but then no pun, ala don't assume i'm not aware of the details just because i can't be bothered with things that are as important as the colour of the drapes in cia station chief's office (more important is the chief that is there and what he's undertaking).

[-; blEss

lol @ nuance. The only nuance with this administration is deciding what colour to paint the bombs they're dropping. /"arr should we go for fuchsia, i hear that's big in the donbass this season". (arr they should rename the donbas the don't bomb /yes i know that mostly it's shelling going on but then no pun, ala don't assume i'm not aware of the details just because i can't be bothered with things that are as important as the colour of the drapes in cia station chief's office (more important is the chief that is there and what he's undertaking).

[-; blEss

Considering there's a considerable difference between "bombing them" and "hacking them" (especially when it's north korea, which as I've said numerous times, blocking their internet access does nothing to the country's infrastructure) you might try and apply some nuance to your 'critical thinking'.

Archived