IGNORED

horror films to ruin the mind

tec

Disclaimer - If you think Haute Tension is a good film then kindly leave this thread and proceed no further.

Each week friends and I gather to watch a horror and as the last few months has been relatively tame we crave shocks for the festive season. I want mad, violent and disgusting films. I think I have exhausted the numerous lists of such things online and need watmm's knowledge. Here are notable screenings that we would like to match.

Martyrs

Inside

Ebola Syndrome

A Serbian Film

Braindead

Audition

I Saw The Devil

Human Centipede 2

Irreversible

And we can't be arsed with the guinea pig films and their ilk, they might be gross but they can also be quite boring.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ichi the killer

I like this film, Miike has done better though.

This :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qcoCTA2IZ7c

And this :

Also, "Cold Fish". No, wait, any film by Sono Sion.

Snowtown is fucking grim - good call, I'll check out the others. I've had Cold Fish for awhile but never got around to it so I'll put it top of the pile.

Frontier(s)

Calvaire

Big fan of Calvaire, and I know I've seen Frontiers but remember nothing about it which is probably not a good sign.

Another I have been meaning to catch up on, thanks.

August Undergrounds Mordum

Hmm, looks a bit shit.

Melancholie der Engel. Gratuitous depravity and violence. Fast forward through the real animal killings. Subtitles aren't a necessity since it's mostly pseudo psychological nonsense.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Melancholie_der_Engel

Trailer NSFW:

I'm not really up for anything with real animal killings that may be stumbled upon but thanks anyway.

I am currently on an oldie horror movie binge, watching a string of Vincent Price movies. next up is The Last Man On Earth.

edit: Herzog's Nosferatu is excellent as well, probably one of my favourites

angst (1983) is pretty good. not a constant modern gorefest, but some proper hard scenes and nice atmosphere. klaus shultze did the soundtrack. p cool i say.

Sold, will check it out.

also

Threadsmoviecover.jpg

probably the most horrifying film I've ever seen.

Hell yes, grim as fuck, responsible for the best IMDB acting credit of all time. http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1856457/?ref_=ttfc_fc_cl_t53

Begotten

begotten-6.jpg

Utter snoozefest.

possession (1981)

one of the sickest movies i'v ever seen, hard to find but the full thing is on hd on youtube, just brilliant

NSFW

Good choice, I haven't checked the link but I'm guessing it's the subway scene?

Ah the whole film, even better!

Archived