IGNORED

horror films to ruin the mind

tec

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest LoveRhino

One of my favourites is Pontypool. Excellent low budget horror. I also watched Chernobyl Diaries, which was fun and Inside, which was genuinely horric and gory as all heck.

I love this silent, short horror from NZ.

www.nzonscreen.com/title/natures-way-2006

Why the hate for Haute Tension?

One of my favourites is Pontypool. Excellent low budget horror. I also watched Chernobyl Diaries, which was fun and Inside, which was genuinely horric and gory as all heck.

I love this silent, short horror from NZ.

www.nzonscreen.com/title/natures-way-2006

Why the hate for Haute Tension?

The best New Zealand short film is called Kitchen Sink! I can't find the whole thing.

I don't hate Haute Tension, but I read a Dean Koontz novel called Intensity which it totally ripped off without credit. That director is also really bad now.

the whole thing is a take on 70s horror b-movies though. what didn't you like? I did think the bit with the two heshers was a bit out of tone but ultimately not so much that it wrecked it for me.

even the anticlimactic ending isn't enough to ruin it for me. I was hoping for an epic psychic battle a la Scanners. that would've been so good.

Funny Games is a good one.

I'm getting my hands on Come and See as we speak, I've been trying to 'acquire' it for a while.

Come and see is one of the best and most surreal war films ever made. Everyone in this thread should watch it. PM me if you're struggling to 'acquire' it.

the whole thing is a take on 70s horror b-movies though. what didn't you like? I did think the bit with the two heshers was a bit out of tone but ultimately not so much that it wrecked it for me.

even the anticlimactic ending isn't enough to ruin it for me. I was hoping for an epic psychic battle a la Scanners. that would've been so good.

That's just it. The tone just completely changed and for a minute I thought maybe I fell asleep. But no, this is the end of the movie. For the entire movie I was being eye fucked by 80s sci-fi and horror nostalgia then right when it's about to climax we get a couple of stoners and the main villain who just went through a serious change falls and hits his head on a rock. It was so anti-climatic that I said "fuck that" out loud to myself. I still think it's a great movie but the ending was such a cop out.

I don't hate Haute Tension, but I read a Dean Koontz novel called Intensity which it totally ripped off without credit. That director is also really bad now.

his remake of hills have eyes is one of my favorite gory/revenge movies. and i just watched his new one:

Horns_Official_Movie_Poster.jpg

i didn't hate it, but i didn't really loved it, has its moments, felt like an 80's campy teen/horror movie... some twin peaks/carnivàle aesthetic, even Annie work on a drive in just like twin peaks...

Has anyone seen Killers? Sounds similar to I Saw The Devil which I enjoyed, disturbed individual that I am, and a few people are putting it up with The Babadook as the best of the year.

i really liked i saw the devil but killers i didn't like it very much...

babadook, what an atrocious piece of shit, i mean, besides the great photography it probably is as dumb/empty as Chucky or movies like that...

But yes, astral projection, alien abduction, psychosis, cults.. those are horror movie subjects that ive always thought were 1000 times more terrifying than zombies, ghosts or demons. there's so much untapped in the realm of scary movies that directors and writers could be dreaming up. instead, it seems like most just want to shock with gore, or just as bad, put out the same haunted/ghost movies over and over... and as for zombie movies, ugh, what a bore for me. so uninspired.

Gozu_Poster.jpgnorte.jpg07+-+Post+Tenebras+Lux.jpg

Disclaimer - If you think Haute Tension is a good film then kindly leave this thread and proceed no further.

Martyrs

Inside

Ebola Syndrome

A Serbian Film

Braindead

Audition

I Saw The Devil

Human Centipede 2

Irreversible

lol, like the rest of the movies you mentioned were anyway better than haute tension... they're all piles of shit, shitty shitty movies, i mean, i have fun watching them, but discerning between them is just hypocrisy... :emotawesomepm9:

i'll take back what i said just because of audition and irreversible, favorite movies right there! :cat:

Also, "Cold Fish". No, wait, any film by Sono Sion.

just watched this, pretty cool in fact :thumbsup: thanks!

controversial i know, but i feel the same about Suspiria - load of shit.

these 70's giallo movies are awesome to look at, eye candy all the way, but the atrocious acting and scripts kind of ruin them for me.

in the meanwhile i've read some critics which made me want to revisit them with different eyes... i mean, it's not bad acting they say, sometimes most of what's on the screen isn't supposed to be RL but dreams and whatnot and that maybe justifies the awkwardness of some scenes...

watched The Conjuring last night on Netflix...yeah was alright, quite scary. made my girlfriend scream a couple times...

didn't you shiver with the clap thing?

great threat title.

Snowtown Murderers is without question the qay to go

just do it

if anything else measures up please PM me but i very much doubt it

can i view this forum HTML only..? jesus christ

funny games is a masterpiece bt not mind destroying

Snowtown = mind destroying. nothing else measures up to that

not cannibal holocaust, not man bites dog

nothing ive seen

and frankly when I say "mind destroying" I mean, something you would probably decide not to watch if you could go back in time

come and see. i trust it. been putting that one off. I get snowtown vibes from that one, hence putting it off.

Kill List was kinda good. I think my appreciation may grow with repeat viewings. Emma Fryer makes me uncomfortably horny, even though she's got a chin like a dustpan.

controversial i know, but i feel the same about Suspiria - load of shit.

these 70's giallo movies are awesome to look at, eye candy all the way, but the atrocious acting and scripts kind of ruin them for me.

in the meanwhile i've read some critics which made me want to revisit them with different eyes... i mean, it's not bad acting they say, sometimes most of what's on the screen isn't supposed to be RL but dreams and whatnot and that maybe justifies the awkwardness of some scenes...

watched The Conjuring last night on Netflix...yeah was alright, quite scary. made my girlfriend scream a couple times...

didn't you shiver with the clap thing?
not really...was a bit unnerving i suppose...

Archived