IGNORED

horror films to ruin the mind

tec

MV5BMTk3NjA3MzcyM15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNDY3

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3387648/

My girlfriend and I just watched this a few weeks ago on netflix, and I have to say it was pretty disturbing.. all psychological, which is my fav kind of horror.. but the imagery gets pretty disturbing too. that movie poster made me not wanna watch it for the longest time lol .. p.s. it's all first person camera (but not shakey, done well, like as if a documentary.. i dont typically like those kinds but this one delivered)

That picture is creepy as fuck, sold.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Any recommendations for films like 1408?

I like the lack of cheap shocks, lack of ott Gore, and because it's surreal & fictitious..

I love the cleverness of things like the typewriter scene in the shining. .. Both king - whom I love. Go figure

I like the lack of cheap shocks, lack of ott Gore, and because it's surreal & fictitious..

I love the cleverness of things like the typewriter scene in the shining. .. Both king - whom I love. Go figure

May be this one..

Dead End

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0308152/

1408 is ace!

I've not seen 1408 but for good surreal horror that doesn't rely on cheap shocks or gore I'd go for some of Kiyoshi Kurosawa's stuff, in particular Cure and Pulse. Both amazing films.

Some interesting suggestion on here, will check them out. Bit mild by comparison but Jacob's Ladder always messed with my head.

Jacob's Ladder is great, not even Macaulay Culkin can ruin it. Still bums me out that Elizabeth Pena is dead, she is incredibly sexy in that film, even with/particularly with the demon tail thing.

Guest trananhhung

I'm guessing you're all over Cronenberg already and you've seen Scanners, The Brood, Videodrome, etc.

Dead Ringers is probably the most grim, bleak and unpleasant imo

This is one of my favourite films. Along with Taxi Driver, I see it every year. I don't find it grim, just very sad. The twins are so helpless in the love they have for each other. But the fact that I dont find the film bleak probably tells more about me than the film itself.

Yeah man, wasn't being down on the film at all. One of my favorites too!

lala, I hope you've actually read 1408? It's one of the best things King had written in years and I really hated that movie. The same way I hate all half-arsed SK adaptations (which is about 99% of them)

Roll on the new It adaptation by the True Detective guy.

so much love for Dead Ringers here. So good. Is Dead Ringers IDM?

I'd say so lol

Esp one particular scene when one of the twins goes to that ___ store to get parts to create those ___ s. Almost out of an Autechre video lol

Has anyone seen The Mothman Prophecies?? Truly maddening and eerie. An incredible psychologic horror/thriller all around, and in a class on its own. I never thought Richard Gere could play the lead role in a genuinely scary horror.

My gf and I just watched In The Mouth Of Madness again for like my hundredth time, never gets old.

Has anyone seen The Mothman Prophecies?? Truly maddening and eerie. An incredible psychologic horror/thriller all around, and in a class on its own. I never thought Richard Gere could play the lead role in a genuinely scary horror.

My gf and I just watched In The Mouth Of Madness again for like my hundredth time, never gets old.

both of those movies start out incredibly strong, like the first 2/3rds of mothman and Mouth of madness have such great tension and mystery.

both of those movies start out incredibly strong, like the first 2/3rds of mothman and Mouth of madness have such great tension and mystery.

dude, yes, the 1st 2/3 of both, so true.. it's funny, the first half of movies are usually my favorite anyway lol

Nekromantic

Der Todesking

With a lot of these they tend to be gore for the sake of it which I find really boring after awhile, they look proper cheap and corny too. Am I wrong?

A bit.

Der Todesking isn't gory but its a real 'horror' imo. Nekromantik is worth watching for the 'safe-sex with corpses' message......

Combat Shock that I also listed is worth looking at if you really want to be depressed.

mothman was awesome and thenafter 2/3rd's...it fell apart

Archived