IGNORED

Rare Analogue Bubblebath 5 test pressing on eBay

Kennylogg Bubblebath

Just found out about this...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/-/151509377209
http://www.nme.com/news/aphex-twin--2/81690

Analogue Bubblebath 5, the unreleased LP from AFX, aka Richard D. James - Minor use in Very Good Plus (Almost Near Mint), no warp.

This copy belongs to a very good friend of AFX, who has approved this sale, it is a rare gem both musically and in terms of collectability.

Vinyl has been professionally cleaned with Clear Audio Matrix and is in VG+ condition. It has some light marks and they do not affect play.

This record was graded by DJDTL on Discogs, full feedbacks can be seen here - http://www.discogs.com/sell/seller_feedback/Djdtl

Read all about Analogue Bubblebath 5 here: http://www.discogs.com/AFX-Analogue-Bubblebath-5/release/160224

The fact that Richard didn't allow any fundrasing project for the ABB5 and MFM got me wishful that those will get an official release some day. Especially interested in ABB5. Would love to see those in Boxset and why not throw there some other old gems from the archives. 3CD Aphex oldies and goldies collection; drool. LOL he gave his archives three hours for the sake of searching the best suff and got bored. C'mon Rich show some effort and we show you some cash.

Guest mrgerbik

just go find my rip of AB5. it was an unplayed test-pressing, recorded with a Rega P5 and Exact cartridge. sounds about as perfect as you can get without proper digitals.

I don't get the enthusiasm with fundraising people that is already well off. We should be fundraising former rephlex artists if anything. If my favorite artists didn't need to work, they would have more time to work on their music and we would get more releases, this is usually the case.

I don't get the enthusiasm with fundraising people that is already well off. We should be fundraising former rephlex artists if anything. If my favorite artists didn't need to work, they would have more time to work on their music and we would get more releases, this is usually the case.

Yeah true. Let's do a bogdan raczynski kickstarter

Well the enthusiasm obviously comes from the chance of getting something unheard from your favorite artist if he won’t release them otherwise. It worked well with CWLP. IMO fundraising is a cool new way for artists to put a release out. It’s supporting yeah but it’s not charity since everyone gets their share. Does that really differ from pre-ordering? And when it comes to Rephlex artists weren’t the realisation of EDM set or MU4 some sort of fundraising? Maybe I’m a little bit dick but when it comes to music I expect to get something in return and not to do charity just for the sake of charity. So how I support artists is buying their releases.

On a side note I admit that CWLP was slightly a different thing since most of the tracks were unheard whereas everyone has heard MFM and ABB5 and they are easily available by torrenting etc. Yet I’d like to pay for my music. It doesn’t matter how wealthy an artist already is, he deserves his cut. But even if I had a vinyl player there’s no way I would pay those ebay prices for one record hence would want an official release.

Well the enthusiasm obviously comes from the chance of getting something unheard from your favorite artist if he won’t release them otherwise. It worked well with CWLP. IMO fundraising is a cool new way for artists to put a release out. It’s supporting yeah but it’s not charity since everyone gets their share. Does that really differ from pre-ordering? And when it comes to Rephlex artists weren’t the realisation of EDM set or MU4 some sort of fundraising? Maybe I’m a little bit dick but when it comes to music I expect to get something in return and not to do charity just for the sake of charity. So how I support artists is buying their releases.

On a side note I admit that CWLP was slightly a different thing since most of the tracks were unheard whereas everyone has heard MFM and ABB5 and they are easily available by torrenting etc. Yet I’d like to pay for my music. It doesn’t matter how wealthy an artist already is, he deserves his cut. But even if I had a vinyl player there’s no way I would pay those ebay prices for one record hence would want an official release.

Agreed. Hope Richard has some plan to make available to the fans. Getting tired of this strategy of selling one copy to one millionaire at a time.

just go find my rip of AB5. it was an unplayed test-pressing, recorded with a Rega P5 and Exact cartridge. sounds about as perfect as you can get without proper digitals.

oh, that's your rip? it's fuckin incredible, doesn't sound like it's off a record at all. :beer:

Guest mrgerbik

oh, that's your rip? it's fuckin incredible, doesn't sound like it's off a record at all. :beer:

thank you sir... was real careful with that recording. to this day the only time I ever played it was to record to digital :music:

Agreed. Hope Richard has some plan to make available to the fans. Getting tired of this strategy of selling one copy to one millionaire at a time.

The thing that slightly bugs me with releasing stuff by fundrasing is that you have to be interested now or never. Otherwise you must have very deep pockets. That's of course if you want it official. Like the EDM set was pressed based on the reservations- maybe few extra copies. Now Richard could release ABB5/MFM through Warp and it would be widely available. Not sure though if there's any chance of that actually happening.

Yeah true. Let's do a bogdan raczynski kickstarter

for a hot, sweet, spicy, well-seasoned ragga cookbook

[youtubehd]0ZJ2PcNMe14[/youtubehd]

didn't he [bogdan] have an unreleased album called Chocolate Champion? Or did those tracks end up on a different release or did he rename the album

I don't know how many people have heard this remix but I enjoy it quite a bit:

thank you sir... was real careful with that recording. to this day the only time I ever played it was to record to digital :music:

I'm not saying I know anything about such a thing, but hypothetically if I DID, I would be thanking you very much right now for making it sound so great. You know, hypothetically.

Archived