IGNORED

James Blake - 200 Press - EP

Ivan Ooze

• 3 weeks later...

Not all that wowed by the other tracks (esp the douchey outro), but my gawd that title track is the tits. Just listened to it three times in a row. Does he make other tracks like this? And who are harmonix?

edit: just cued it up for the 4th time

GATHER ROUND THE HEAT LIKE A PIMP FIRE

Not all that wowed by the other tracks (esp the douchey outro), but my gawd that title track is the tits. Just listened to it three times in a row. Does he make other tracks like this? And who are harmonix?

yes he does, check out most of his ep's

i hope this year he will give us the hard pimp fire full lenght i'm hoping for, james pliss

yes he does, check out most of his ep's

i hope this year he will give us the hard pimp fire full lenght i'm hoping for, james pliss

Thanks ooze, I'll be checking out all of these and possibly copping a few. I knew the guy had production chops (loved his remix of Mount Kimbie's Maybes), but got quickly turned off by his anointment as I-can't-believe-it's-not-dubstep darling and swerve into emo-balladeering... odd that he makes such contrasting strains of music under his own name - I thought that's what aliases were for but whatevs - just makes sorting out the good stuff harder (again thanks for pointing me in the right direction with the eps)

I'll admit to knowing squat about trap but the title track sounds straight techno with a UK bass-step tinge to it

Also upon further listening it's probably campfire, but still I like the idea of pimp fire better

I guess I just hear slowed down vocals and think trap.. man, is that ever a trend that needs to die pretty soon

you mean pitchshifted vocals? they been doing that since the 80's in metal, pop, hiphop and dance, it will never go away.

trap is fast hihats between the kick and snare with a fat bass and a dude that flows on the track about being stuck in the dopegame like gucci mane or kevin gates

this is just a fine dancetrack like mr bob dobalina said

Sounds a little too slow to dance too. Sounds like a good track to put up scaffolding with though, what with all that clonking an' that.

I guess I just hear slowed down vocals and think trap.. man, is that ever a trend that needs to die pretty soon

you mean pitchshifted vocals? they been doing that since the 80's in metal, pop, hiphop and dance, it will never go away.

trap is fast hihats between the kick and snare with a fat bass and a dude that flows on the track about being stuck in the dopegame like gucci mane or kevin gates

heh, guess it's just not my thing. I was talking specifically about the pitch shifted rapping, it kinda ruins it for me..

heh, guess it's just not my thing. I was talking specifically about the pitch shifted rapping, it kinda ruins it for me..

dude it's otto von schirach and prince at the campfire

Archived