IGNORED

mylamine - time & space

lyst

The vocal sample @ :55 is amazing. Truly. I want that sound. I would leave the piano out of the intro (prior to :52 mark). Thereafter its great, but I didn't think it contributed to the build that you were creating, and might have been distracting. If you're like me, sometimes I like to reference the sounds from the body of the song in the intro of the song...in this case the piano can totally come in without a previous reference. This is a really strong piece of work. I see all the effort you put into it. It's difficult to make something that is, on its surface, "simple sounding" when it is in fact quite complex, and keep it from sounding overproduced. You have done that sir. I'm really impressed.

And seriously, I want to know how to make that sound you did at :55. right up my alley,

The vocal is me singing, is on all of my music. A little layering and finding a nice harmony and boom. You got it. (throw in some reverb too)

Thanks for the thought and comments, means a lot. I guess what I wanted with the piano was just to add a different sound and feeling. I easily could've just left it all synthy but I want to come at the listener with different layers. Also the chords kind of create a suspensful feeling I think, before the actual song begins at :55

Like you said it's definitely a job creating a balance between complex enough to be interesting, and not too oversaturated with sounds and ideas that it boggles the person listening. Glad that you think I may have tapped that with this song, i think I got close too.

"A little layering and finding a nice harmony and boom. You got it. (throw in some reverb too)"

That's really it. It's all about experimentation. Tweaking knobs, creating sounds. Different every time.

Archived