IGNORED

Boards of Canada - Olson (Midland Remix)

Rubin Farr

• 4 years later...

I actually have a story behind hearing this track for the first time:

Went to Indonesia for vacation a couple years ago, spent a few hours walking around the Ayana resort on Bali, and we were taking a break at the Rock Bar, which is situated close to a ridiculously wave-splashed reef. Lounge music in the background, sipping another weak cocktail that cost more than it should have, trying to forget the sunburn and watching enthusiastic waves try to reach the seating area. I could only barely recognize the music playing, but it was like I could feel it before I heard it, and when I realized what it was I was grinning in a stupor, turning to my group and saying quietly "I know this fuckin song! It's a remix, but I know this song!" It was like hearing home while being a VERY long way from home. 

I was so happy I almost wept a little (might have just been a lil drunk), and I never would have imagined a track like this being revamped into an effective lounge track.

tl;dr: "Quite good."

Archived