IGNORED

Just heard Go Plastic! for the first time

perunamuusi

The only SP album I've heard/own is Big Loada.

I love it.

Not sure why I didn't dig deeper tbh

Someone recommend me squarepusher jungle albums please :)

I love it.

for real??? Feed Me Weird Things. No SP albums are jungle, sure he's got jungle tracks but there are no jungle albums.

I love it.

Go! Plastic

Numbers Lucent

Do You Know Squarepusher

jesus christ how is this guy still walking around breathing, fucking travesty that he is a real human being and not a caricature of a banal mid life crisis music critic

edit: although i am impressed in this instance how hard he seems to be trying to broadcast 'im the biggest twat in the universe' thats an achievement

I love it.

Go! Plastic

Numbers Lucent

Do You Know Squarepusher

++

burning & tree - good early tracks w/ jungle vibes, you'd almost call it "mellow" SP

Venus #17 EP - I'm not even a huge SP fan but this is the proverbial tits. Might be the most concise distillation of the brill that Tom is capable of, all killer no filler

jesus christ how is this guy still walking around breathing, fucking travesty that he is a real human being and not a caricature of a banal mid life crisis music critic

edit: although i am impressed in this instance how hard he seems to be trying to broadcast 'im the biggest twat in the universe' thats an achievement

the reviewer is very annoying, but i sorta agree.

DYKS is not a very good pusher album, and smells of stopgap

the title track is amazing tho

if they get back on topic and pitch the balance of the thread towards discussion of that group LUDD, well then your cheekily placed thread will have to be moved to general music discussion, which surely will ruin the wonderful wonderment of happy lol that starting this thread blessed into your mind.

So keep up the rear guard action kids, interspersed with OT discussion.

/doesn't click on youtub vids of band, the placeholder pic of them is frightenmare, makes me want to pick up and axe and start chopping.

I love it.

Feed Me Weird Things has the most jungle trax but you'll find any of his albums are more just 'squarepusher albums' and can't be genre defined.

As for other releases, Venus no.17 and Port Rhombus are essential ep's in my mind. And Music is Rotten One Note may blow your mind once you think '..You Know Squarepusher'

Ufabulum is really excellent as well.

• 2 weeks later...

First off, travesty anyone would use the name in vein of one of the most important albums ever released, ever. not kidding. GP means that much to me, i've heard it THOUSANDS of times, barely a day goes by where I can listen to it's entirety.

secondly,

I love it.

start with gp!, work your way along to the second half of Steinvord, then Burningn'n Tree (amazing raw dnb), then skip the boring bits of Ultravisitor, then pick out the best bits of Feed Me, Venus 17, and that should sort you out for now.

I love it.

What everyone else recommended is great, but also listen to Shobaleader One. I don't think it went down well with most people round here but it is a top album too.

:beer:

I dunno why I keep putting off listening to more of his stuff, it's like I've got some sort of mental block on buying more lol

(no seriously, it is)

Archived