IGNORED

BOC reel to reel mix

Guest shaneanthony

Guest shaneanthony

I originally posted this in the BOC forum, and I'm new here, so I wasn't sure where to post it. Maybe I should have posted here.

Let me explain a bit. The mix was done on an akai reel from 1973, with a brand new sealed tape from 1974. After I saturated the tape, I recorded into logic for editing and mixing. The only EQ adjustments I made where on the old tunes songs, to give more warmth to those songs. It starts off like a reg old fashioned mix tape, a little warped between the beginning songs, but after buckie high I begin to add more depth and smoothness in my transitions. There are also a few songs from my original vinyl pressings, so it's mainly a combination of cassette and vinyl. The only track I used from cd is the beach at redpoint. My original pressing of geogaddi was stolen way back, so I only have the recent repress. I tried to use it, but the remaster wasn't done right. It's way too bass heavy and maxed so much that the dynamics are gone. I really didn't notice this until I made this mix, so now I'm going to search for an original pressing of geogaddi. The CD I used was purchased the day geogaddi came out if that means anything. I tried my best to stay true to the original pressings, and give you guys an older analog stereo sound. We are living in a time where digital audio is taking over, and my fear is that my kids won't know the cassette sound I grew up with when they are older. I hope you enjoy this!

https://soundcloud.com/shane_anthony/boards-of-canada-reel-to-reel-mixtape

Also, does anyone know what the voices are saying during untitled? I've wondered this for years, but can't figure it out...anyone???

Cheers,

Shane Anthony

Archived