IGNORED

Mid Nineties Mods Salvage 2

a0902476130_10.jpg

http://bandcamp.com/EmbeddedPlayer/album=3111374312/size=medium/

Thanks to my cousin Emile who cleared his attic recently, passing his old Amiga gear and disk collection down to my brother, here's a second run of my old protracker tunes.

He apparently copied a bunch of my modules back in the days, some disks too degraded to recover, but enough to compile another selection of 4 mono channels, 8-bit (w.i.p) jungle-gabber rinsers and what not!

The amiga was hooked up to a philips cdr930 mini audio cd recorder, recording the outputs straight to cd. No touch ups, no vst, just Paula chip goodness :) .
credits
released 01 January 1996

Mostly amen breaks & gabber kick filled modules created by me on an Amiga 500 in protracker somewhere between 1994 & 1996. Teen angst ftw!

This album features two tracks from my brother Dennis a.k.a Dj0nas(dino) & one bonus 'remix' track (basically replaced the drum channel with an amen work out :)) of an artist I unfortunately can't credit because of lost details.
tags

congrats on salvaging anything ... i have a pile of old amiga disks i've been looking to clean up, 99% unreadable... i think one of them made it as far as a directory listing.

congrats on salvaging anything ... i have a pile of old amiga disks i've been looking to clean up, 99% unreadable... i think one of them made it as far as a directory listing.

yes, this mission has been kind of a hard one here as well as none of my protracker copies worked and communication between pc & amiga is not that easy to set up because of hardware differences in diskdrives. Bought an usb diskdrive in the illusion I could somehow write an adf of protracker to it, apparently these usb drives can't format to the correct amiga double density format...eventually found a friendly soul on the internet willing to send a copy only to find out his disks didn't work either :-)

Don't throw away your disks yet, although checksum errors because of magnetic deterioration are definitely a thing, it could also be your disk-drive that is bricked, a virus affecting the booting (f you have a harddisk?) or the battery of the 1 mb extension (in the bottom slot of the amiga 500) that is leaking, thus corrupting loading (I had this with my previous amiga 500 salvaging).

• 3 weeks later...

YARRRR these sound AMAZON

!!

thnx!

at the moment gradually salvaging moarrr :). Used to save w.i.p .mods to game disks with room left as I didn't have money to buy new ones, also found a couple using 'disk doctor' checking for, recovering deleted files.

+

Put up some moar old tracks on bandcamp, these I've made in the year 2000, small period of jam making without trackers, using cubase + vst(i), hammerhead, tuareq & some behringer hardware;

a1325879068_2.jpg

http://bandcamp.com/EmbeddedPlayer/album=472030265/size=medium/

soundcloud example;

https://soundcloud.com/plugexpert/richard-jonas-rip-off-zonder-vocalen-2000

Archived