IGNORED

Autistic media of the Autechrean nature

misc

Not sure what's autechrian nature. I recall Sean's mentioning Calatrava some good years ago. Some diversity in his stuff, here's a couple of cool insectoid frontal pics. Btw, i spoilered it, how smart of me.

santiago-calatrava-valencia-opera-house-

dsc_0136.jpg

oh shit yeah he did the valencia arts and sciences centre, absolutely amazing place, very futuristic

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

autechre never quite sounds geometrish or rendered shapeish to me, the fiona rae is getting warmer, maybe if that was crossed with life in the undergrowth by david attenborough and trapdoor (the old animation)

you may want to check out Lebbeus Woods, everytime I listen to confield, draft and exai, his works appears in my head, I remember someone mentioned that in the AAA thread too.

so i was searching around this guys stuff and stumbled across an architecture firm called Coop Himmelbau and holy shit some of their designs are incredibly autechrean:

P_0804_F028_DM.jpg

P_9807_R18_AH_1097_823_90.jpg

52262893e8e44e33d30000f1_dawang-mountain

These are so cool, great finding!

the "moose" behind the wall from Johnny the Homicidal Maniac always makes me think of Pro Radii:

3ljkLH1.jpg

XTY9a5Q.jpg

thumping around the house... tearing through walls, onlookers screaming

^ Heehee

this thread is way too serious

how?

All the B&W/Greyscale geometric forms is a little cliched/predictable no?

dunno really...is it? i've seen a ton of new things that i like, that i wouldn't have seen before this thread. I can't really see how it's cliched or anything tbh

to me autechre is essentially lifeless and cold, so when I'm listening i don't typically think of any landscapes besides barren, cold wintery places. thanks to me finding them through gantz graf video i will always relate the sense of 3D rendering to their sound and in my opinion, they have the lifeless feeling old video games did that didn't feature open worlds that essentially left you with that, "you're in this world now, you can leave when you want, but while you're here, enjoy feeling left alone in a sea of pixels and loneliness."

i say all of this as a good thing by the way just in case my saying they are "lifeless" is taken the wrong way. you know what i mean you prick :cool:

wnterwar.jpg

^ Heehee

this thread is way too serious

how?

All the B&W/Greyscale geometric forms is a little cliched/predictable no?

dunno really...is it? i've seen a ton of new things that i like, that i wouldn't have seen before this thread. I can't really see how it's cliched or anything tbh

Fine!

01d2tt8.gif

l8dSnPE.gif

fvHo5.gif

tumblr_mjh5hdnyOv1rk1qp5o1_500.gif

J6cDtER.gif

dtzgGwA.gif

Archived