IGNORED

Autistic media of the Autechrean nature

misc

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ae always make me think of complex data structures and digital processing. Kind of hard to put into words but thinking of a computer's memory sorting 1s and 0s about and performing bizare algorithms. It's similar to the architecure and statues people have posted here, just not sure I can articulate the link.

vsnares is kind of similar when I focus on all the drum patterns

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

ooh yeah lots of cool thangs in here already!! I've been trying to think about that kind of thing a little recently too..

but yah coop himmelblau for sure. I hadn't seen any of those newer images. Check out Zaha Hadid too, i'll look for some cool pictures of her work, I think she's awesome. maybe these types of forms & the renderings and drawings are resonant as like a visual/spatial representation of a mental 'flow state' ....??? I'll try and find some more of what I mean sometime.

...sometimes I feel like idm people (or, only ones online, not real life ones I know anyway) throw around the term autistic more than maaybbee they sshoouldd?? I mean I guess it is fun to say "I'm crazy and I'm not like all the basic bitches who ... etc etc" but for a lot of people being autistic is actually a huge problem.

If you enjoy thinking about things and being immersed/engrossed in an autechre song or a botanical garden or an acid trip or a building project or writing code or drawing or whatever else, idk, its not the same as people who can't function in life and need constant help to do so. it's the information age, and lots of people have developed a very strong ability to ingest, sort, deal with, interpret, etc lots of info alll the time, and it's fun! and that's that I think.

I'm oversimplifying it and derailing a v. cool thread and of course there's a 'spectrum' supposedly but w/e.

I think it comes back to the 'flow state' it's like today's 'locus amoenus' . - a picture or song where all the information is plentiful and relevant and beautiful and just within reach is for people today the same as a picture where food, water, light, shelter and beauty are plentiful was for people a couple centuries ago... ???

Just so you know one of the mods changed it to autistic, in the original title it said "artistic" instead

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

That Beeple guys stuff is amazing. Here's my own contribution

I made the video in Blender and the music is myself and a mate. I think it works best if you stare at the middle of the screen.

ii dont get images when i listen to autechre. my favorite tracks of theirs are the algorithm type. so i their tracks to me are like a breathing forest with little creatures and leaves moving. everything changing constantly but to a ryhthhm

ii dont get images when i listen to autechre....

their tracks to me are like a breathing forest with little creatures and leaves moving. everything changing constantly but to a ryhthhm

That sounds a lot like you DO get images when you listen to autechre

For me it's really hard to not think of geometric oriented structures (such as lebbeus and himmelbau's work) when talking Ae. I associate more organic shapes (e.g. Wright's and Xenakis' drawings) to afx - probably because of more tonal and vibrant synth use

Well, from my point of view, Autechre not suggest concrete images, which are these organic or geometric, but in a more "philosophical" way, they instill in me, "the picture" (meaning "knowledge") to be, here and now, the pulsing piece of a larger and inscrutable mosaic, in perpetual metamorphosis. It is not the science-fiction imagery that they project, the things that made them so intense, but that strange vertical state of consciousness. Then, if a vision emerges, is to be understood in a purely allegorical profile. I shot a short super 8 clip, with the aid of a microscope, which could show this feeling, better than words:

...And if i had to make a parallel between Ae and other forms of expression, I would say without hesitation:

2001_odissea_nello_spazio.PNG

franz-kafka-the-trial.jpg

... and entering, then, specifically:

Untilted:

congo-a-funeral-dance-bopoto-sugarcane-w

Oversteps:

johann-sebastian-bach-1349358955-view-0.

Exai:

ModalNodes_play_Chalmuns.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

ii dont get images when i listen to autechre....

their tracks to me are like a breathing forest with little creatures and leaves moving. everything changing constantly but to a ryhthhm

That sounds a lot like you DO get images when you listen to autechre

lol owned

• 4 weeks later...

Archived