IGNORED

The Prodigy - The Day Is My Enemy

Soloman Tump

First prodigy album that I will not own.

Horrendously bad.

Guys, you are now too old.

Time to retire and live in a castle swimming in your money.

Second Prodigy album that i will not own.

Horrendously bad.

Guys, you are now too old.

Time to retire and live in a castle swimming in your money.

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The release sounds like someone is forced to create music he doesn't like anymore for money as he probably knows the music he really wants to make does not sell to the fan base

I guess he is also scared of lawsuits deriving from his popularity if he continues his plunderfonic style back from tfotl by basically loop cutting it all together. So what's left then? Asking others for help if you can't do it your own without stealing loops ? Yeah probably. it still doesn't work tho

That new track Wall of Death is so hilariously bad. God help you Liam Howlett you are shit these days.

Just listened to it on spotify and Ibiza is the worst track for me so far. It literally makes me want to puke.

edit: continued to listen and it even gets worse. oh dear

I would cry for Prodigy- or the Prodigy fan side of myself- if I hadn't already used up those tears for basically everything Prodigy's released since The Fat Of The Land.

Prodigy used to be good. Like, really good. But I think Liam forgot that the vibez he once spewed were birthed from the underground. They gained overground success, so some misconception arose about where inspiration and direction should be from and go towards. It's crazy cuz there are places like this where people generally have good tastes in music and genuinely like Liam's old work, and he will never know just how talented he was and how inspiring and fun his music used to be, as it is very hard for him to listen to his truest fans when his head is up the ass of EDM; an anal canal lined with hundred dollar bills and lowest common denominator pussy.

But then again, it's all a life journey for the artist, I suppose... I feel the same way about Atari Teenage Riot, but whaddya gonna do? I'm very happy that artists could give me such awesome experiences in my life.

In the greater picture, though, trying to perpetuate violence and hardcore-ness- further, with bad musical aesthetics- is a joke to humanity, deserving of mockery. Like if Keith's pants fall around his ankles during a live set and he trips and starts pissing all over his own face, I'd feel sorry for him, but maybe that's what you get when you spread negative vibez and try to blow out people's eardrums with bullshit.

Guest bitroast

It all went to shit when he started using Reason innit.

Yeah. Should've installed Cubase and then he'd have to tools to actually make something fresh-sounding.

post-Fat of the land burnout / Baaaaaaaaaaaaby's got a temper came b4 he started using reason.

The prodigy is an example of a talent without much intelligence, it only takes you that far. For example chemical brothers on other hand have some brains and it shows in their output through the years.

I did loved fat of the land back in 90ies, prodigy should have broken up then and now they would be legends instead of laughing stock.

they started taking themselves way too seriously with all that firestarter and breathe hype. all went shit from there...what can i say, fame fucks people up.

yeah, but I'm glad they got there. otherwise we wouldnt have had firestarter which is fucking god tier

honestly, this new rlease has me listening back on their first three lps and honestly, this group was, and is, frankly, one of the greatest fucking gifts to music that has ever existed

this is really the only place i can say this and have someone look at my post and say "yeah, I get what you are saying"

because this band transformed my entire view of music. I have so much to say about it, really, they're just the absolute shit in a way nothing else almost is. probably listen to the new album but I mostly just wanted to say that the first three albums are Funeral-Tier for me. Not even kidding, at all.

quoted for undeniable truth

and Im fucking loving the new album

peace out

• 2 weeks later...

Archived