IGNORED

The Prodigy - The Day Is My Enemy

Soloman Tump

i still love experience and a lot of jilted (childhood fan). interestingly though, experience kind of seems like this pretty perfect immaculate conception thing. but a few years ago i tracked down a bunch of their singles and pretty much all of the bsides and variation versions of the experience tracks are really blah average (if not downright awful) early 90s pop dance music.

kind of made it bit more obvious that the heights of the early days are probably a mix of just a really good track selection and editting process as well as just being kind of on point zeitgeist wise.

Ha, I checked out the b-sides as well but love them. Maybe I'm just easier to please..

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

don't mind some of the earlier versions - everybody in the place especially. but they're just way more clunky and of their time than the album versions. weather experience is fairly timeless given the era it was made but the single version is insanely demo-like comparitively. your love too (with that real clunky out of tune piano arpeggio bit)

heh, I love the out of tune stuff!

Sheeeeit, this was 22 years ago :music::blink:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=hfZp0TJK4j4

How the fuck that ended up as a b side I'll never know. I love that track.

Yeah its a class track indeed, check out this live show

The Prodigy - Phoenix Festival 1996:

I remember listening to part of this live on radio one back in the day. I was 14 and it blew me away, full throttle sounded so raw and powerful.

And Funky Shit! Hah, brilliant

Do you expect some old skool happy hardcore rave from Prodigy in 2015?

Why not? It's due a comeback imo.

I wouldn't have said they were ever 'happy' hardcore though, old school rave seems more appropriate.

Looking forward to some pure violent energy, whatever that means.

Although the Flux Pavillion team up is slightly worrying. Doesn't he produce Brostep?

Flux Pavillion is sick! They are a bit in that league.. but I'd imagine Prodigy would be wise enough not to make one of these cookie-cutter throwaway over-the-the-top-complextro-dubstep-dutch-techno-mainroom-edm-made-using-only-massive-patches--from-2012-and-produced-on-ableton-using-its-built-in-limiter-type tracks...

with that said, id prob still kinda enjoy their new stuff if they did that.. cuz at least itd be prodigy vocals on top lol

hopefully theyll use at least one trashy sounding synth or re-amp something or use a guitar pedal somewhere haha

this-post-brought-to-you-by-lane-visitor-who-edits-every-single-post-of-his-and-uses-lots-of-dashes-,-probably-due-to-his-ocd-tendencies.

Invaders Must Die had a lot of ravey stuff on it, which was great, but I felt it sounded as though he was pandering to those who didn't like his newer styles.

Anyway, whatever it is, I'm sure the production will be bangin' as fuck!

Yeah its a class track indeed, check out this live show

The Prodigy - Phoenix Festival 1996:

I remember listening to part of this live on radio one back in the day. I was 14 and it blew me away, full throttle sounded so raw and powerful.

And Funky Shit! Hah, brilliant

I remember seeing footage of them playing at Glastonbury in 1995 and they played Funky Shit then too. It was kind of weird hearing on Fat Of The Land a couple of years later.

Looking forward to some pure violent energy, whatever that means.

Although the Flux Pavillion team up is slightly worrying. Doesn't he produce Brostep?

Flux Pavillion is sick! They are a bit in that league.. but I'd imagine Prodigy would be wise enough not to make one of these cookie-cutter throwaway over-the-the-top-complextro-dubstep-dutch-techno-mainroom-edm-made-using-only-massive-patches--from-2012-and-produced-on-ableton-using-its-built-in-limiter-type tracks...

with that said, id prob still kinda enjoy their new stuff if they did that.. cuz at least itd be prodigy vocals on top lol

hopefully theyll use at least one trashy sounding synth or re-amp something or use a guitar pedal somewhere haha

this-post-brought-to-you-by-lane-visitor-who-edits-every-single-post-of-his-and-uses-lots-of-dashes-,-probably-due-to-his-ocd-tendencies.

I think your scenario is realistic (unfortunately), of course there will be rave stabs here and there like Modey mentioned just to please us, but still it may be another energetic-big-room-big-beat-with-real-drummer-distortions-and-shit album for another world tour...

Cool! I grew up with allot. Aphex Twin,.. Too many diffrent artists and music. But, the fat of the land is a classic. The prodigy rocks. I think poison was the first song i heard of em. And that one is still as good.

Im looking forward to this release. Nice!

I'll be checking this out, purely because I grew up on The Prodigy (it was all I listened to in high school before the likes of Ae/BoC/AFX came along and snatched my interest permanently).

Although this is an unpopular opinion, I still believe that Always Outnumbered Never Outgunned is one of the best records by Liam Howlett. I loved the dirty digital synth style he went for with that record (Girls, Memphis Bells, Under My Wheels). Some of the production was pretty tight on that album, and quite complex for a Prodigy record.

Didn't enjoy Invaders Must Die that much. Warrior's Dance is a cool track though.

...and quite complex for a Prodigy record.

I'm not sire that's quite fair. Perhaps way the tracks are structured on the earlier albums, getting all those samples to work together exactly right was a lot harder when the earlier records were put out. Must have spent hours fucking about to get that stuff right.

Archived