IGNORED

The Prodigy - The Day Is My Enemy

Soloman Tump

Recently been getting into the Sleaford Mods, so definitely will check up on this track.

I think Prodigy still have a massive fan base. And if they get it right it could be a success for them.

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The album art is really cool. I am in the early work being better camp, though I always look forward to the new stuff. There are always a couple of good tracks on the newer releases.

...and quite complex for a Prodigy record.

I'm not sire that's quite fair. Perhaps way the tracks are structured on the earlier albums, getting all those samples to work together exactly right was a lot harder when the earlier records were put out. Must have spent hours fucking about to get that stuff right.

I suppose a good example of what I mean is the amount of stuff going on in a track like You'll Be Under My Wheels.

I believe there are quite a few samples in there too. There's 'a lot going on' for a Prodigy track. Usually, most of the older Prodigy tracks are straight forward with not too many elements. I agree sampling probably did take a great deal of time back then. Probably a lot more difficult to make tracks back then overall. I once read that most of AONO album was made on Liam's laptop with softsynths. The process is streamlined but tracks on AONO still contain lots of elements in my opinion which makes it more 'complex' to my ears then, let's say, something off FOTL which concentrated more on big beats than anything else.

...and quite complex for a Prodigy record.

I'm not sire that's quite fair. Perhaps way the tracks are structured on the earlier albums, getting all those samples to work together exactly right was a lot harder when the earlier records were put out. Must have spent hours fucking about to get that stuff right.

I suppose a good example of what I mean is the amount of stuff going on in a track like You'll Be Under My Wheels.

I believe there are quite a few samples in there too. There's 'a lot going on' for a Prodigy track. Usually, most of the older Prodigy tracks are straight forward with not too many elements. I agree sampling probably did take a great deal of time back then. Probably a lot more difficult to make tracks back then overall. I once read that most of AONO album was made on Liam's laptop with softsynths. The process is streamlined but tracks on AONO still contain lots of elements in my opinion which makes it more 'complex' to my ears then, let's say, something off FOTL which concentrated more on big beats than anything else.

Ah, I get you. I see what you mean.

AONO album was also Liam's most experimental album. I wish he continued exploring this type of sound further, but unfortunately he probably felt pressure to do something with Keith + Maxim after its release. AONO is a very solitary album of his, with no input from the other two in the band.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XPjtTE2GBLk

AONO album was also Liam's most experimental album. I wish he continued exploring this type of sound further, but unfortunately he probably felt pressure to do something with Keith + Maxim after its release. AONO is a very solitary album of his, with no input from the other two in the band.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XPjtTE2GBLk

You know, it's been a long time since I've heard it. Maybe I need give it some more plays.

Zane Lowe is playing the first single 7:30pm GMT on Monday. I will be locked in!

Gonna spin AONO today, its been a while since I've heard it too but I do like it. Spitfire is a pretty heavy tune.

Who remembers Baby's got a Temper?

The definitive rock bottom of their career

Hah, I listened to Baby's Got A Temper the other day. It's not terrible, but yeah, considering it was 5 years after The Fat Of The Land, it wasn't really breaking any new ground, heh.

Hah, I listened to Baby's Got A Temper the other day. It's not terrible, but yeah, considering it was 5 years after The Fat Of The Land, it wasn't really breaking any new ground, heh.

Its a complete parody of firestarter and a huge step back IMO.

Ah man, AONO has always been my favourite Prodigy record. Just something about the short, tight productions on it really appeals to me. Played it to death when I got it. Love Experience as well.

I always found Jilted Generation dragged a little for my liking, and although I liked it as a kid, I haven't had much time for Fat of the Land for ages now. I think I gave Invaders Must Die one listen, but it just struck me as sounding like somebody trying to do a Prodigy-sounding album.

Recently been getting into the Sleaford Mods, so definitely will check up on this track.

Sleaford Mods are quality, really interested to hear that track.

You seen them live yet mate?

no, but I would be up for it

no, but I would be up for it

PM mofo :)

Its a complete parody of firestarter and a huge step back IMO.

Lol, I came in here to mention Baby's Got A Temper, I remember it had a weird-ass videoclip

a bit NSFW:

They even sampled Firestarter in it for some reason

So, the first track:

Completely generic, still the same sound as the previous album, completely unimpressive. Not going to bother with the rest of the album :)

edit: has to be said that I've been listening to the Prodigy since I can remember, there's home videos of me at 3 y.o. dancing to my brothers Prodigy records, my first English words were the lyrics to Firestarter, my first rave was at a vacation kids disco where I could play my Experience CD over and over again, saw them and met that singing prick at my first proper festival in 2005, etc. After 2005 I completely lost touch with them though.

Archived