IGNORED

Aphex Twin: Computer Controlled Acoustic Instruments pt2 EP

Dpek

hey fingerviv why dont you elliminate the limitation of insisting that richard released an album of stems so you can cut the songs and make a mix you can put your name on

or continue, whatever

i like the album as it is. i could see how the songs could be assembled in alternate ways but i dont think theyre stems.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not feeling the CCAI mix, it sounds like a nice mix of the album but I can't see it being designed to fit together.

Those Syro tracks together on the other hand fit really nicely!

His EPs are always the best, and this one's no exception. It's the perfect counterpart to Syro. Despite the fact that one is synth driven and the other acoustic, they both sound like they're cut from the same sonic cloth. It's something to do with those wide, warm tones. Super roomy sound. Love it. I just wish he expanded on the really short tracks, as they all sound like they want to be fleshed out into something epic. I really hope there's a part 1 yet to come. If he explored this sort of thing the same way he did acid/drill 'n' bass... that could be some revolutionary music.

Exactly how I feel, especially agreeing with your statement about the warm tone. For me, both Syro and CCAI2 hit the same emotional spot. Only difference is that they approach it from a different angle. Although I said earlier It wouldn't be so good idea to mix the tracklists, I still somehow feel like these two are meant to be played one after another. Just out of curiosity, has anyone tried out mixing the tracklists in a way it actually worked?

Bear in mind that only half of Drukqs was Disklavier/percussion nonsense. The rest is ultra-fast breakbeat fuckery, which is probably what most people associate the album with.

Yeah, one half still missing; Computer Sequenced Breakbeat Samples Pt. 2 coming up.

Yes please. Would buy....twice. Unless it has already been released as steinvord :spiteful:

probably been discussed, but what are the talking about in dishatt ALL? some random breakfast conversation?

nobody time...you woke up...untill 11...something something

What's up with those static noises in diskhat ALL13? Like that one that pops up at 5:04... doesn't seem to be linked to any instruments that joins the mix at that moment. Mixing automation mistake?

Assuming you're referring to the tape hiss/mic noise, I think that's deliberate. Can't imagine Rich would let something as blatant-sounding as that slip by him. Also, I'm pretty sure it always starts/ends a couple of bars before a new instrument is brought into/taken away from the mix.

Same with the looping. I think he's gone all sloppy/imperfect on us.

Starting to really think those hiss marks represent when different stems pop into the overall track mix. The more I listen to it the more I hear the same parts across all the stems. Still working on it.

Starting to really think those hiss marks represent when different stems pop into the overall track mix. The more I listen to it the more I hear the same parts across all the stems. Still working on it.

it's cool that you're doing this but don't think for a second that's how it's intended to be

Last night I set up two screens and watched godfather 1 and 2 at the same time - was awesome . Same guy in both movies so obviously this is how it's meant to be watched

Haha nice - seem to remember there being exactly the same theory when Drukqs came out. Big (unfounded) theory on here back in the day that the two CDs should be played at once and bits would sync up (rather than what actually resulted was a big old mess, with some bits being only slightly less of a mess)

Last night I set up two screens and watched godfather 1 and 2 at the same time - was awesome . Same guy in both movies so obviously this is how it's meant to be watched

Haha nice - seem to remember there being exactly the same theory when Drukqs came out. Big (unfounded) theory on here back in the day that the two CDs should be played at once and bits would sync up (rather than what actually resulted was a big old mess, with some bits being only slightly less of a mess)

but it works for all the friends episodes. this is obviously better than individual episodes.

but it works for all the friends episodes. this is obviously better than individual episodes.

wow, seems to me this is exactly how friends was intended to be watched, [guy that created friends] is a genius

ALL TRACKS THAT FIT TOGETHER

disk hat ALL prepared1mixed 13

snar2

diskhat1

disk aud1_12

diskhat2

THESE TWO TRACKS FIT TOGETHER APART FROM THE OTHER 5

hat 2b 2012b

0035 1-Audio

THESE TRACKS HAVE SOUNDS SIMILAR TO BOTH SETS OF MATCHING TRACKS

DISKPREPT4

hat5c 0001 rec-4

piano un1 arpeg

disk prep cleric band dance [slo]

DISKPREPT1

THIS IS THE ONLY ONE THAT SEEMS LIKE A STAND ALONE

piano un10 it happened (this is the hardest one to place)

I think they all fit together as one long song. Somehow. I think if they do not fit together as one long song they are meant to fit together some other way. Multiple songs? Why would the pairs that fit FIT so well (like the syro tracks) by coincidence? Just seems highly unlikely.

I love that Friends episode, but I hate Friends.

does it affect the sound if converted mp3 files in mp3 45 rpm files? or better directly rip from vinyl?

depends what program you use. i haven't found a good free one for speed change yet. audacity isn't terrible but it isn't great.

if you can get a good rip from a record player then do that

Archived