IGNORED

Aphex Twin: Computer Controlled Acoustic Instruments pt2 EP

Dpek

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some new techniques for piano modifications:

Omg

Exclusive behind the scenes footage of how Aphex made Computer Controlled Acoustic Instruments:

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=10152786194383041

No.

Still cool though. Morgan Agren got beats:

Moar of this

any drummers here? i hear no double paradiddles. had to practice that shit for weeks. kind of wish there was real drummery stuff like hey even buddy rich couldnt do this!

• 2 weeks later...

Some new techniques for piano modifications:

Moar of this

is this how the moog guitar works?

more or less yes, both concepts are based on something that predated the moog guitar for decades though called the e-bow

Guest beatgunk1

-

To which RDJ commented

" user48736353001 says at 0:35:

giz us a fckin download then u bugger, beefy as fuk"

This is great!

haha not this user, but I've found a high quality mp3 of this on soulseek while looking for the complete syrobonkers set. won't post it tho, because even if RDJ believes that there should be no copyright, there is Warp...

• 3 weeks later...

Noticed this mix on reddit.

Before I joined the forum, I was interested watching what you were doing with what you thought were stems on CCAI II. Did you get anywhere in the end, or give up? Regardless of whether they were stems or not, it was an interesting project.

I was too interested making tunes out of the soundtrack to Birdman [fucking OTT recording yougetme] to rip breaks out of this one but why isn't the next remix competition Birdman OST VS CCAI vol 1 DRUM RECORDINGS are sick let's edit and slice the audio yes mate?

I was too interested making tunes out of the soundtrack to Birdman [fucking OTT recording yougetme] to rip breaks out of this one but why isn't the next remix competition Birdman OST VS CCAI vol 1 DRUM RECORDINGS are sick let's edit and slice the audio yes mate?

haha that an awesome idea!

-

To which RDJ commented

" user48736353001 says at 0:35:

giz us a fckin download then u bugger, beefy as fuk"

This is great!

haha not this user, but I've found a high quality mp3 of this on soulseek while looking for the complete syrobonkers set. won't post it tho, because even if RDJ believes that there should be no copyright, there is Warp...
Message it to him?

I got busy. Would like to finish. Since hearing the "Beefy as fuck mix", as I refer to it in my head, I am motivated to get back to work. Then I found that reddit mix and just thought I'd post here and see if anyone thought more about the theory.

Get into it man, I was surprised how good it sounds through an old sampler. Here's a quick example of vinyl to AKAI S20 and I'm jamming on the pitch and gate times via an RS7000 sequencer.

https://www.sendspace.com/file/13ckby

The only bit I ended up using from Birdman was the vocal sample at the start. :tongue:

Archived