IGNORED

Aphex Twin: Computer Controlled Acoustic Instruments pt2 EP

Dpek

So here I go;

If you load the link into Facebook and click through the images, the third one appears to be this thing right here:

220px_syrobonkers-part2-480.jpg

which is on the Warp media server and it's called "Syrobonkers Part 2" which is kind of odd because I don't think this has to do with Syro at all. Maybe with the interview. Or the weird numbers :-)

I'm pretty sure that was one of the pictures posted by Richard in that Noyzelab interview. Has been on the Warp site for a whille now.

this is correct

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm pretty sure that was one of the pictures posted by Richard in that Noyzelab interview. Has been on the Warp site for a whille now.

If that's the case, with what was it linked with? Random picture? Because it would be odd to use a picture from the interview for the linking of a new EP. Thanks for the heads up though :)

I'm hoping this bad boy will make an appearance...

http://youtu.be/4cNdH-EZYUM

(skip to the 5:50 mark)

Do you guys have a name for that drum sample that kicks in at 10:15. I've heard it in alot of his dj sets and cyrmu beats. It's such a great sample.

yes it is the breaks from "Bobby Byrd - Hot Pants (bonus beats)"

Surely this will sound similar to Aisatsana from Syro or some of the other acoustic tracks from Drukqs? He did say in the Noyzelab interview that the piano track was computer-controlled/created so I'm expecting this EP to be possibly more ambient and experimental in sound.

Hopefully this is further proof that Richard intends to continue releasing music fairly regularly. I guess the frustrating thing for him is having to wait for Warp to fit it in their release schedule because by the time they release something, he's already moved on and might not be interested in it anymore. I'm surprised he doesn't do a Death Grips and just release stuff whenever he wants through his own website.

If that's the case, with what was it linked with? Random picture? Because it would be odd to use a picture from the interview for the linking of a new EP. Thanks for the heads up though :)

When you post a link on facebook, you can choose images that are on the same site that are older and could be completely unrelated. This picture has been posted together with a couple of other versions of it in the second part of the Noyzelab interview explaining how he uses it. A quick look at the interview says this is what it is:

http://www.adtaudio.de/ToolMod_ProAudio/Manuals/TM235_ManualDe.pdf

So as far as I can tell, it is unrelated to the EP :)

Hopefully it's the logical next step after the harpsichord/piano tracks off drukqs. Like Music For Robots, but with genuine thought behind it, or like said before, AWS. Just pre-ordered the vinyl, already hyping it up in my brain, perhaps more so than Syro.

So here I go;

If you load the link into Facebook and click through the images, the third one appears to be this thing right here:

220px_syrobonkers-part2-480.jpg

which is on the Warp media server and it's called "Syrobonkers Part 2" which is kind of odd because I don't think this has to do with Syro at all. Maybe with the interview. Or the weird numbers :-)

Im pretty sure this is a picture of the crazy patch-bays Richard said he and his buddy were putting into one of his studio builds. would make a nice cover.

When you post a link on facebook, you can choose images that are on the same site that are older and could be completely unrelated. This picture has been posted together with a couple of other versions of it in the second part of the Noyzelab interview explaining how he uses it. A quick look at the interview says this is what it is:

http://www.adtaudio.de/ToolMod_ProAudio/Manuals/TM235_ManualDe.pdf

So as far as I can tell, it is unrelated to the EP :)

Makes sense. Thanks! :)

Oh fuck. The artwork reminds me of the nineties. Oh fuck yes.

The length doesn't bother me at all. Richard D. James Album and Rushup Edge are two of my favourite Aphex releases, if anything the length is making me even more excited. His short releases are usually really intense and focused.

I'm surprised he doesn't do a Death Grips and just release stuff whenever he wants through his own website.

We all know if that was the case, the tracks would stay up for two weeks and then he'd fuck them off.

Just speculating here. Looks like we're going to get an LP-EP-LP-EP-etc. until he's tired of releasing. Great way to release imo, good pacing!

Best case scenario, that. All of his more accessible/classic Aphex material on the LPs, and the experimental stuff on the EPs.

Archived