IGNORED

Percy tunes

Channeling some Gasman vibes in the first track, like it, melody work in the second track is ace as well, especially when those string pads come in, good job.

• 4 months later...

if anyone's willing to check, what do you guys think of the mixings\masterings on these tracks? my main worry is that since I've been having hearing troubles lately I'm not sure if my (mid-) high frequencies are getting too harsh for the ears of my listening demographic? Green Robe isn't a problem since that's a supermellow tune, but the other ones I have concern about. I want to sell tunes soon so I want to make sure I don't later regret my mixing/mastering, which happens all the time to me.

There's not a whole lot done mastering wise, it's just a bit of harmonic exciting on the highs, a bit more stereo, tiny amount of compression (just a limiter in some cases), and cutting out super low muddy bass freqs.

• 5 weeks later...

At first I thought your stuff was kinda corney but it started growing on me. You have some serious chops when it comes to melody. Green Robe is my fuckin jam, kinda wish i was developed into a full length song

Do you know much about theory or are you just fiddling around on the keyboard?

• 1 month later...

At first I thought your stuff was kinda corney but it started growing on me. You have some serious chops when it comes to melody. Green Robe is my fuckin jam, kinda wish i was developed into a full length song

Do you know much about theory or are you just fiddling around on the keyboard?

I've been learning music conspiracy theory since 7 years of age when playing of pianos and keyboards began. thanks a bunch!

https://soundcloud.com/pilotredsun/sunburnt-nitro

I love what I heard from this thread ! (still need to listen to more, no time yet) Great sense of composition and I second the thing about melodies. Cool sounds too.

Regarding mixing: I did think it sounds harsh, actually just before I read your post asking for feedback about that. sorry to hear about the hearing loss, that sucks. may I ask what happened? my first impression is that it has too much hi-mid frequencies, and also a bit too much lo-mid I think. It would be probably more pleasant with a flatter frequency response where there's more room for bass/sub and hi-highs.

fortunately the choices you made for sounds in general brings a natural musical balance which helps a lot forgetting those mixing/mastering issues.

I'll come back to the thread and write again if I have more ideas about that. what about your plans of releasing music?

good luck!

these are really well written

I had a similar thought to danny's, the different patches used lend itself to being a little bit corny because they are so simple and bright. Saying that feels wrong though, because these are good songs that share some of the elements i love about aphex and mu-ziq songs.

The mids and highs are pronounced, but it makes sense when they're posted along side these images of leprechauns and neon green clip art snakes.

• 1 month later...

I love what I heard from this thread ! (still need to listen to more, no time yet) Great sense of composition and I second the thing about melodies. Cool sounds too.

Regarding mixing: I did think it sounds harsh, actually just before I read your post asking for feedback about that. sorry to hear about the hearing loss, that sucks. may I ask what happened? my first impression is that it has too much hi-mid frequencies, and also a bit too much lo-mid I think. It would be probably more pleasant with a flatter frequency response where there's more room for bass/sub and hi-highs.

fortunately the choices you made for sounds in general brings a natural musical balance which helps a lot forgetting those mixing/mastering issues.

I'll come back to the thread and write again if I have more ideas about that. what about your plans of releasing music?

good luck!

thanks for all feedback! album coming soon, within the next couple o weeks or so.

this song is not on the alb bum. it's one that i personally like to dance to

• 3 weeks later...

nice stuff. agreed that the highs can be a bit much but hollow kingdom is giving me a bogdan raczynski vibe (or at least my memories of his music, i don't think i've heard his music in years). 1:54 of scotty is making me laugh right now so that's cool too.

i also get a bogdan vibe from some of the tracks. i came back to them a couple of times in the last past weeks and I'm still enjoying them very much. great tunes

Wow these tunes are great, serious talent at making melodies here. I think I prefer Scotty out of everything you've posted. It's so refreshing. The melodies make me think of dirty post punk guitar harmonies. Drum programming is quality as well.

The highs don't bother me THAT much to be honest, it has some charm to it.

• 1 month later...

Archived