IGNORED

Do you guys think he'll ever put out mysterious lo fi type stuff again?

Lane Visitor

Like Ventolin... ICBYD... Surfing On Sine Waves.... On EP

Ya know, those filter-y, almost industrial, strange tracks he put out in the early to mid 90s...

Post RDJ-album, everything seemed to stray from that in favor of HD-sounding production... i wonder if he'll visit that sound again. that would be rad.

Edit: im assuming if he did revisit that style, it would be more up-to-date-sounding production and prob a different route of technique, but still with that mysterious, lo fi edge.

I thought he might have some sound cloud aliases but it's hard to say until someone confirms it. Anyway at this point there is so much out there you can get totally lost in it which is not a bad thing

yes

New or old archived material?

I love this stuff too - I was just as excited for the Caustic Window LP as I was for Syro

yes

I love this stuff too - I was just as excited for the Caustic Window LP as I was for Syro

I meant newer when i posed the question, but of course i would love to hear unreleased earlier tracks in this vein. I can't even imagine a whole slew of stuff from the archives that sounds like On EP. mmmmmm

yes

I meant newer when i posed the question, but of course i would love to hear unreleased earlier tracks in this vein. I can't even imagine a whole slew of stuff from the archives that sounds like On EP. mmmmmm

I listen way more to the CWLP than Syro, guess is nostalgia to those first early aphex tracks I found on the internet that introduced me to this whole thing.

yes

I listen way more to the CWLP than Syro, guess is nostalgia to those first early aphex tracks I found on the internet that introduced me to this whole thing.

For sure.. it's hard to compare original afx discovery. i still havent really given CWLP enough attention, but i like what ive heard so far, so i need to get on that. I really would love more weird shit, intricate melodies and dark twisted stuff from him.. hopefully Computer Controlled Acoustic Insrtuments pt. 2 will deliver that :D could sorta care less about Analord-ish type material personally (but Syro is amazing, nothing like Analords imo, more like druqks meets windowlicker).

Ya know, those filter-y, almost industrial, strange tracks he put out in the early to mid 90s...

Post RDJ-album, everything seemed to stray from that in favor of HD-sounding production... i wonder if he'll visit that sound again. that would be rad.

Edit: im assuming if he did revisit that style, it would be more up-to-date-sounding production and prob a different route of technique, but still with that mysterious, lo fi edge.

I think that era's tracks sound that way more due to equipment/recording techniques/production than anything else - I think his sound is 'cleaner' nowadays because he's gotten better gear...

ah, gear...

I think that era's tracks sound that way more due to equipment/recording techniques/production than anything else - I think his sound is 'cleaner' nowadays because he's gotten better gear...

ah, gear...

Very true, almost wouldn't make sense for him to resort back to early cheaper gear, although there's something to be said about that filtered, messy, distorted, squashed to shit sound that offers a different vibe than the squeaky clean bubbly analogue stuff.. kind of transcends gear "quality", since I'd imagine he could make similar caustic sounding stuff on his current gear if he really wanted to, but seems like he may not want to do that anymore, or at least at this point.

That early 808 State / LFO / Aphex Twin sound (thin, cold, brutal, but still warm) sound is so fascinating to me. Industrial needs to make a comeback (:

i wish i had "gear" :cry:

i wish i had even just one of the items mentioned on the syro gear list lol

the only "outboard gear" i own is a $400 condensor mic, and the built-in pre's on my audio interface if that's even considered gear :wacko:

edit: actually i guess i technically do own one peice, if my cheap Yamaha YS200 4-op fm synth i bought for $100 off ebay counts.

the only "outboard gear" i own is a $400 condensor mic, and the built-in pre's on my audio interface if that's even considered gear :wacko:

edit: actually i guess i technically do own one peice, if my cheap Yamaha YS200 4-op fm synth i bought for $100 off ebay counts.

if you buy a bunch of cheap stuff (e.g. the volca boxes) and a nice reverb unit like a Quadraverb or the Behringer Virtualizer Pro (and maybe some cheap guitar distortion pedals as well, though you can cheat by overdriving a mixer's outputs) you can emulate early afx stuff really easily.

if you buy a bunch of cheap stuff (e.g. the volca boxes) and a nice reverb unit like a Quadraverb or the Behringer Virtualizer Pro (and maybe some cheap guitar distortion pedals as well, though you can cheat by overdriving a mixer's outputs) you can emulate early afx stuff really easily.

oooh yes, and that sounds like early 808 state partial gear list too... add to that list the cheap legendary alesis 3630 compressor for daft punk style sidechain compression (;

• 2 weeks later...

maybe rich read this thread while drunk and like "ye, sure, why the fuck no"

lets make thread "do you guys think hell ever put out mysterious tuss stuff again ?" followed by "do you guys think hell ever put out mysterious steinvord stuff again" and cross fingers dicks

this entire thread....

lane visitor, are you a fucking psychic?

maybe rich read this thread while drunk and like "ye, sure, why the fuck no"

lets make thread "do you guys think hell ever put out mysterious tuss stuff again ?" followed by "do you guys think hell ever put out mysterious steinvord stuff again" and cross fingers dicks

lolol

ahem.. "do you think he'll ever put out stuff like saw 1 and 2 again?"

Archived