IGNORED

Scarlett Johansson to Headline ‘Ghost in the Shell’ Live-Action Movie

Braintree

I'd like to revise my position on this, for multiple reasons.

first of which being, Scarlett has earned her stripes, with the experience she's gathered in her more recent features,

I think it's the best choice, for the mainstream, think of how many people will get turned to the concepts and the bio/techno future shock ideas represented in the feature.

like to see more stop motion animation, would like to see a sharper artistic influence, it's a dark movie, the ideas of a future run by machines,

a hacked computer virus controlling the minds of a network of souls within a physical/digital existence.

It's a great move for her, for the film, honestly this could be the thing that inspires people to turn on and tune in to the dark beauty of a technologic mentality.

opening night, w/ Scarlett save the date///

tumblr_nwqq3m_Xrhk1t1qarbo4_1280.jpg

• Replies 542
  • Created
  • Last Reply

couldn't say, but as with most things, western adaptations tend to ruin original concepts and neglect the intension of the film.

trying to stay positive, they must keep the soundtrack, theres so much potential for failure, it's hard to keep an open mind.

You know how the GITS casting went down...

The main issue with me isn't the casting 'issue' it's who's directing it. He hasn't made any good movies yet, so I hope this will be his first.

i'll be surprised if it's even par with Johnny Mnemonic. this is hollywood we're talking about. if this movie isn't totally dumbed down and skipping over all the interesting things about GITS i'll be totally surprised. we;re not going to get a blade runner final cut type film here... and if we do i'll i'll send everyone in the film a written apology for all my shit talking.

still thinking she's wrong for the part. should've picked an unknown.. when i see scarjo in anything.. she's always scarjo..

I just don't see how it can be good, no matter the casting.

Stand alone complex series (both) were the best screen time version of GITS and that is due to it having enough time to explore concepts in the manga. I don't think it can be done well in 2 hours and certainly not when it needs to be made as a blockbuster style action film to compete with super hero films.

skip

I just don't see how it can be good, no matter the casting.

Stand alone complex series (both) were the best screen time version of GITS and that is due to it having enough time to explore concepts in the manga. I don't think it can be done well in 2 hours and certainly not when it needs to be made as a blockbuster style action film to compete with super hero films.

skip

I hope they will not make this like avengers. It will totally ruin everything that made the original special. I guess the are running out of virgin well know comic templates that are worth making a movie from

Guest bitroast

i seriously doubt this will have anything to do with being good. it'll be a flashy cool looking sci fi with johansson in the lead, like tron legacy or that harrison ford endors game movie. and it'll have a really cool trailer and a slightly recognisable name (GHOST IN THE SHELL) and lots of people will see it and it will make lots of money.

i seriously doubt this will have anything to do with being good. it'll be a flashy cool looking sci fi with johansson in the lead, like tron legacy or that harrison ford endors game movie. and it'll have a really cool trailer and a slightly recognisable name (GHOST IN THE SHELL) and lots of people will see it and it will make lots of money.

god, what if it's like Aeon Flux. an animated classic ruined by Hollywood with a really pretty female lead and a watered-down/confusing/shit story. :(

Guest bitroast

had a look at the directors line up of previous films. he's done 1 ...

i dunno guyyyyys... gonna take my cynical against hollywood terrible-until-proven-otherwise approach on this one.

god, what if it's like Aeon Flux. an animated classic ruined by Hollywood with a really pretty female lead and a watered-down/confusing/shit story. :(

Shit I had forgotten about that terrible ass remake until you reminded me. Thanks jerkface!!!! :p

• 1 month later...

I hope not

as long as they're not adding in loads of CG characters and silly amounts of CG fx there won't be a big problem, adding static CGI to the backgrounds of scenes hasn't been a problem for a long time now. there'll also be lots of it for the VR environments as well obviously, plus hopefully they won't leave out the Tachikomas. I doubt the use of CG is the main thing to worry about here, more than likely it'll be the incredibly dumbed down plot.

edit: just realised you were talking about character designs. nevermind.

Loads of new sets pics. Gotta say pretty meh character designs so far. Maybe they'll CG em up.

http://kotaku.com/scarlett-johansson-spotted-in-ghost-in-the-shell-costum-1781235815

it all looks pretty horrid as expected.. maybe they're gonna put the 'anime' filter over the lens or colorize tint filter the shit fuck out of it in post?

Loads of new sets pics. Gotta say pretty meh character designs so far. Maybe they'll CG em up.

http://kotaku.com/scarlett-johansson-spotted-in-ghost-in-the-shell-costum-1781235815

Batou looks like a chav gangster. Terrible

looks like one of the plastic cowboys from that Primus video.. winnona's brown beaver.

Hollywood never seem to learn do they. Sure they've got all the special FX nailed down, but when it comes to plot and originality they're running on fumes.

• 2 months later...

Archived