IGNORED

Lord of The D - Dunstable Trax EP (REW-005.5)

Herr Jan

Yes yes yes, another Jodey Kendrick release coming up! Just after EDM (and we also have the upcoming J.K. - GEA album on WeMe very soon) but this time there's a killer 12" coming out on the great Rewind Records (Soundmurderer / SK-1 label who also released a Vibert (Plug) release in 2006), really thrilled about this one!

'3 of the tracks contain field recordings from Dunstable the place i live. It has a reputation for drunken pub violence, So me, Heidi, and a mate trawled the streets on the weekends taking samples of the bad behaviour which was really quite scary when your a sober as a judge! It did not take long for the material to find us, Lets put it that way! We were going to hire a lorry with a sound system on the back and play the field recordings from a distance back into the town for a laugh, Getting everyone to sort that was a ball ache so i decided to make songs out of them instead.'

You can listen to previews down here:

https://soundcloud.com/superstructure/rewind-five-point-five

Some of you might also recognize these tracks as the jungle tracks from the Penryn Space Agency set :music:

No date for release yet, but I'll keep you updated :)

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As a one time Dunstablian, I can guarantee this will be safe as fuck.

Hope you're not on the record itself then :emotawesomepm9:

Here's a bit of the backstory to the making of this record :)

'3 of the tracks contain field recordings from Dunstable the place i live. It has a reputation for drunken pub violence, So me, Heidi, and a mate trawled the streets on the weekends taking samples of the bad behaviour which was really quite scary when your a sober as a judge! It did not take long for the material to find us, Lets put it that way! We were going to hire a lorry with a sound system on the back and play the field recordings from a distance back into the town for a laugh, Getting everyone to sort that was a ball ache so i decided to make songs out of them instead.'

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest Deco Balcony

oops didn't realise that had already been posted - I suppose the mixcloud upload is handy nonetheless as it says which track is playing at the time

oops didn't realise that had already been posted - I suppose the mixcloud upload is handy nonetheless as it says which track is playing at the time

That + in the mixcloud version the phone calls and other fun talk has been cut out (unfortunately, I might add!)

Archived