IGNORED

Bjork - Vulnicura

kaini

pretty great interview w/her on pfork: http://pitchfork.com/features/interviews/9582-the-invisible-woman-a-conversation-with-bjork/

touches on how everyone assumes she does nothing in the production on her albums and implies that she actually does the bulk of it. she arranged the strings on this album. did most of the glitchy stuff on vespertine etc.

arca reached out to her two years ago. probably before any of you knew who he was

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To clarify, the album was co-produced with Arca, not entirely produced by him with Haxan Cloak adding touches at the end. So when you say it's lacking the Arca/Haxan touches, well...that may be because they didn't add as much as you expected and is in fact (mostly if not partially) a Bjork production.

Arca tweet - https://twitter.com/arca1000000/status/517035323818123264

edit: Beaten! But for good reasons. Damn you Mokujin...

I don't know who Arca is but production on this album is wonderful. Bjork albums are always so well produced. The string arrangements are damn good too. I can see this being a slow burner for a lot of people but it resonated with me straight away.

Somebody post me some Arca tracks. I'm at work so don't have the time to explore at the mo but would love to hear some of his best.

Guest murphythecat8

yeah arca is the bomb. I listened back to xen today actually after being dissapointed, his best album in 2 year

Im not sure about his new album sheep though or &&&&&&&

his stretch serie and his work with FKA twiggs is my favorite of him

OK so I bought the download from Bleep. A bit annoying that I'll have to buy the thing again when it comes out on CD but that's down to my impatience. First track was real nice. As has been said, somewhat similar to the first track on Homogenic.

Musically, it seems to offer more than Biophilia so far. That had some good tracks but a lot of the time it was just too sparse.

Guest transmisiones ferox

Gonna order the vinyl, I really enjoy her music, I can not listen to her for years, but it always good to come back, btw still remember her live in 2008 , also youtube tracks are down, so still didn't heard it!

get arca - xen

one of last years best allbums

I had time to listen to a few tracks from this today, gotta say I wasn't that into it. But this Bjork album... So good.

So, Bleep came through on this. I bought the download on Monday, the next day they added it as an instant download to all physical pre-orders.

I emailed them and they agreed to refund the download after I'd pre-ordered the CD. Good stuff.

In relation to the album. This is really very good so far. It's growing on me more and more with each listen. It's unusual to hear her singing about such normal things (rather than the universe or whatever). The first 2 tracks in particular take me back to some of her earlier more accesible stuff.

• 2 weeks later...

I think you're probably right on the first comment. I haven't listened to it anywhere near as much (really waiting for the CD), but I have a feeling this could be up there with Homogenic and Vespertine.

• 1 month later...

the thing that looks like an open wound look like a vagina. Björk, in her grief because of divorce with the director, the father of her second child, does not show it on the cover, it shows more torture than suffering... frankly, she has two vagina, this artist?

• 1 year later...

Seems like a major theme of music last year was the influx of compositional dynamic pieces.

there of course was also a rise in sound art, and an influence of 'Autechre',

I haven't found myself in the right head space to return to the last bjork album.

it's a heavy record, and as much as I enjoy Arca's solo work, and the Rinse.FM broadcast,

'Vulincura' is a challenging record to sit down and enjoy. would like to see a return to form on the next one.

SHe's a favorite for sure, and I would like it if those remixes came out as a D/L or CD, would be a good thing to listen too and DJ digitally.

Archived