IGNORED

WATMM Snack Exchange

hello spiral

After the subject coming up in chatmm, Andihow of NYC is going to attempt to post a bagel to Bitroast in Melbourne, Oz.

This will be documented in this thread.

If anyone else wants to exchange snacks internationally they can do so here.

I have some sample sized Marmite tubs and a bag of pork scratchings if anyone wants'em.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

oh shit! I did this a few years ago with fred mcgriff and it was very awesome. We sent each other a whole bunch of awesome stuff. I'm definitely up for it if anyone wants some australian snack foods! Usually it works best with chips/crackers/cereals/other dried foods in padded packaging.

Guest bitroast

Australia will be hard to send to because of their crazy strict costom laws by the way, but yeh cool do this. DO THIS.

if silk road is anything to go by this will be a piece of piss.

cannot wait to get that bagel omg.

Australia will be hard to send to because of their crazy strict costom laws by the way, but yeh cool do this. DO THIS.

It's not too bad, when mcgriff and I sent each other stuff it didn't look like either package had been opened, but we did only send each other dry stuff.

Also, what's the backstory of the bagel sending? We do have Jewish bagel places here that make what I assume to be fairly authentic bagels..

Guest bitroast

Also, what's the backstory of the bagel sending? We do have Jewish bagel places here that make what I assume to be fairly authentic bagels..

andihow just really sold the cinnamon raisin bagel as being the "slamminist" bagel. it's a worth shot tbh, I want to try it.

I can offer quality German beer in exchange for quality foreign beer, or anything exotic really.

Would be fun to trade home brews at some point.

Anyone for some fried bubble gum? It looks the same going in as it does coming out.

D60410C3-B8E1-432F-B733-A074AE33779B_zps

I would like to place an order for some of this, just to see what it would look like after the journey thru the USPS.

Guest bitroast

I don't think a proper poutine would keep very well in the post....

OMG I would kill for poutine right now. Lived on that when in Whistler last year.

someone send this man some poutine

I don't think a proper poutine would keep very well in the post....

OMG I would kill for poutine right now. Lived on that when in Whistler last year.

mmmm

squeaky cheese curds.... maybe add some smoked pulled pork or montreal smoked meat on top... :catnope:

Too bad it wouldn't keep in the post, really.

If you want to sent some fresh products the best way is in small styrofoam container with dry ice. I've sent cheesecakes & pies across the country and it's worked out. But I have never tried international mail so I'm not sure. But it's worth a try if you're going to put the effort into sending something.

Archived